Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭Azatadine

L1011 wrote: »
    So little of it has arrived its barely relevant.

It is to me.....I got it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

L1011 wrote: »
    So little of it has arrived its barely relevant.

I think its relevant to the people who received it though.
    And surely J&J should be checking out how their vaccine performs against the variant, even in other countries where its use is more widespread.
    I just think the silence is loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

JimmyVik wrote: »
    The efficacy of J&J on this variant seems to have been disregarded.
    I cant find a word about it.

J & J isn't really in use anywhere the variant is prevalent. Which is a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Extra 2 million a month to the EU, not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

I read something recently - against the SA variant, it really really slipped. I saw a thread discussion about Delta and Jansen. Will see if anything has been published for report results. If I find the link, will share, but not sure about the results etc.

There's no data on efficacy for J&J yet. However it did show strong efficacy against Beta which has the highest level of escape seen so far. So it should be as least as effective against Delta.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Skygord

Ring the 1850 24 1850 number and ask and also talk to your GP. If she’s categorised as high risk, she should be vaccinated by now.

She's cohort 4 (very high risk) was given AZ in March and told a 12-week dose interval. Just wondering how/when we'll hear about the 2nd dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

It’s not being closed, it just wasn’t planned on being used tomorrow. In the real world this vaccination centre only opened this week to replace the one at the radisson which in fact will still be operating tomorrow maintaining the 7 day vaccine programme for the people of Limerick. Doesn’t stop the needless frothing unfortunately

Nobody actually explained that, rather they just responded that it's all political.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Skygord wrote: »
    She's cohort 4 (very high risk) was given AZ in March and told a 12-week dose interval. Just wondering how/when we'll hear about the 2nd dose.

I'd call them, as I don't think anyone on this thread can answer. Also speak to your GP and ask them to follow up on it too.

I read something recently - against the SA variant, it really really slipped. I saw a thread discussion about Delta and Jansen. Will see if anything has been published for report results. If I find the link, will share, but not sure about the results etc.

This one?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03681-2

While it did show a 5-fold reduction in titres against Beta, in the trials it still showed strong efficacy. It was 64% effective against mild to moderate infection and 82% against severe disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭noplacehere

I got my VHR AstraZeneca with Blanchardstown hospital at the start of April. Both texts arrived at the same time for the second dose too. Double check it didn’t come at the same time as the first

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

I'd call them, as I don't think anyone on this thread can answer. Also speak to your GP and ask them to follow up on it too.

Yes, if given in March and 12 week, should have it by now!! Call or just turn up with ID if needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Skygord

Yes, if given in March and 12 week, should have it by now!! Call or just turn up with ID if needs.

Not at 12 weeks yet, will be 11 weeks on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Who owns the racecourse?

Why they didn't use the University in Limerick is beyond comprehension tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

gozunda wrote: »
    Why they didn't use the University in Limerick is beyond comprehension tbh.

Yeah I don't understand that either - lots of parking, decent public transport links (even walkable distance for what is a pretty large population in the Castletroy/Annacotty area), huge amount of space in the Arena etc etc. It was good enough for a UHL field hospital which never took off (thankfully). Even a Graduate Medical School on-site which surely could have created some opportunities for assistance.

Surely better than either the Radisson or the Racecourse which are both totally out of the way for the majority of the county.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Not at 12 weeks yet, will be 11 weeks on Monday.

Well I’m due to have it Monday (as that’s 12 weeks). Still no text on an appointment. Not really bothered as I am not taking it, but for others to know. I’d assume I’d be prioritised over 11 week patients etc.

It’s kind of why I think the truncating of dates was for show. Logistically they don’t have the vaccines to get it done. And it could be a month before they do when they are wrapping up the 60s age group. Obviously you never know with AZ supplies so there could be a surprise in our favour in the next few weeks…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Hundreds of people at 13 and 14 weeks post-first dose AZ still don’t have it, I wouldn’t be holding your breath about a text soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hundreds of people at 13 and 14 weeks post-first dose AZ still don’t have it, I wouldn’t be holding your breath about a text soon
    Lack of action does not really mean anything when it comes to AZ where it's supplies once again. If the rumoured large delivery transpires they will fly through them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭billyhead

Does anyone know what the pink is to check your vaccine application status. Do they email or text you with a date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,434 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

billyhead wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the pink is to check your vaccine application status. Do they email or text you with a date?

Usually by text but there have been issues with people not getting text.
    Or getting an email into their spam folder.

You can login to your vaccine portal at below URL with the credentials you gave when registering.
    https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

It seems the death rate ( so far) for the fully vaccinated who got the Delta virus is 0.04%. Even though it seems low will it be good enough for our government to let go of lockdowns/restrictions?!

Micky 32 wrote: »
    It seems the death rate ( so far) for the fully vaccinated who got the Delta virus is 0.04%. Even though it seems low will it be good enough for our government to let go of lockdowns/restrictions?!

Yet again, the driving motivation for the lockdown was to stop hospitals from being overwhelmed.

Thanks to the vaccine, that won't happen. To learn why, see the latest hospitalisation/ICU stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

FDA forces J&J to scrap 60 million doses of vaccine:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/11/the-fda-reportedly-forces-jj-to-scrap-about-60-million-doses-of-its-covid-vaccine-.html

Well, I guess we weren't expecting to use much J&J anyway at this stage.

Thank you again, Mr Pfizer, I don't know where we would be without you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/11/the-fda-reportedly-forces-jj-to-scrap-about-60-million-doses-of-its-covid-vaccine-.html

These were mostly US bound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭corkie

EU says J&J not expected to deliver promised doses

Weren't chemist suppose to be getting supplies of it, to give to over 50's that didn't register on the portal?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Over what age? Had they got other conditions etc... All these variables need to be included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Yet again, the driving motivation for the lockdown was to stop hospitals from being overwhelmed.

Thanks to the vaccine, that won't happen. To learn why, see the latest hospitalisation/ICU stats.

Unfortunately, the goal posts are being tugged from the ground ( at least in the UK anyway). Today it’s not about hospitalisation’s but long covid, apparently it’s affecting 1 million people in the UK. This will be the new thing when the tumble weeds are blowing in the hospitals.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, the goal posts are being tugged from the ground ( at least in the UK anyway). Today it’s not about hospitalisation’s but long covid, apparently it’s affecting 1 million people in the UK. This will be the new thing when the tumble weeds are blowing in the hospitals.

Yawn.

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/576

Advertisement