Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Evil_g wrote: »
    If I was in my thirties with no underlying health condition; and had lied to skip the vaccine queue, in a way that's likely to slow down the process for everyone else, I'd probably keep it to myself.

I should be vaccinated already as I'm in group 7, the forgotten cohort.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Watching the days with excitement as my time to register gets closer. It is like buying a concert ticket.

Haha :) When I returned home from getting my 1st dose at the Helix I felt like it was a great social experience / fun. Like if I saw a movie at a cinema.
    It's interesting to see the range of seemingly boring things we learned to enjoy recently :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

xboxdad wrote: »
    Haha :) When I returned home from getting my 1st dose at the Helix I felt like it was a great social experience / fun. Like if I saw a movie at a cinema.
    It's interesting to see the range of seemingly boring things we learned to enjoy recently :)

Had my first dose at the Aviva. Had heard the atmosphere at vaccine centres was one of joy and happiness. Honestly it was more like that quiet reverence you would get from a crowd following a hearse... except I guess it would be where everyone was glad the person was dead maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ivor Cummins boasting about being name checked by Eric Clapton in a 'vaccines are bad' video. The circle jerk and ego from some of these guys over the past year just to be mentioned/retweeted/name dropped has been hilarious, the masquerading under the 'fight the system' stuff makes it even more funny, but yet it hooked a lot of dum-dums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

How's the colleague and the rest of the family so far?

He himself felt like he had a bad dose, no taste or smell but is feeling better now.
    One household member came back positive. No taste was the only symptom but returned 24 hours later.
    Colleague very similar symptoms. But nobody is in hospital

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Watching the days with excitement as my time to register gets closer. It is like buying a concert ticket.

Yeah, it's a great feeling of momentum, and once you get dose 1, you can start counting the days with relative certainty until your second dose and the interim protection benefits post 12-14 days (albeit with concerns over variants).

Had my first dose (Pfizer, 40-44 cohort) yesterday at CityWest with hundreds of others. Was a very busy slot which took about 100 min from arrival to departure. They really stack them up for the weekend in the big urban centres (i.e. Dublin region).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

He himself felt like he had a bad dose, no taste or smell but is feeling better now.
    One household member came back positive. No taste was the only symptom but returned 24 hours later.
    Colleague very similar symptoms. But nobody is in hospital

So the vaccine did its job.

Great to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

So the vaccine did its job.

Great to hear.

He would have been in cohort 4 too

• Registered Users Posts: 28 3mom4

He would have been in cohort 4 too

Thank you! Great to know this and that they were alright with no hospitalisations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Hoping I don't have a problem registering as out of frustration I already registered a few weeks ago and added an extra year to my age but somebody said it was probably not a good idea in case I need to show proof in future and it has the wrong date of birth. I have another email address and number I can use for registering, but slightly worried about the ppsn part of it.

There was a guy in the registration booth beside me arguing when i got there.
    They said his DOB didnt match his passport, so he had to go home. He was still arguing when I left and headed for the injection booth, so i dont know how it ended up.

• Advertisement

Had my first dose at the Aviva. Had heard the atmosphere at vaccine centres was one of joy and happiness. Honestly it was more like that quiet reverence you would get from a crowd following a hearse... except I guess it would be where everyone was glad the person was dead maybe.

I had mine at the Helix.
    One of the supervisors was great craic and cracking a good few jokes to the audience when you were sitting for your 15 mins after. I thought it was a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

JimmyVik wrote: »
    They said his DOB didnt match his passport, so he had to go home. He was still arguing when I left and headed for the injection booth, so i dont know how it ended up.

Hoping I get to register this week with my real DOB. All I have to do is cancel the other other appointment when it comes through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

There was a load of talk last week on various platforms of the 30-39 year olds being able to register to get jabbed this week but not a word about it on the HSE site.

Can’t wait to get back to normal life or as close to it as humanly possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Absolutely dying today after getting 2nd dose of AstraZeneca yesterday. Horrible brain fog and lightheadedness, sick stomach, feeling absolutely shattered. Needless to say, I’ve called in sick.

Anyone else have a similar reaction to AZ dose 2?

Hoping I get to register this week with my real DOB. All I have to do is cancel the other other appointment when it comes through.

I think you might still have issues there.

Your PPS number is the unique identifier.
    I dont think you have have two appointments on the one PPS number. You will probably just get an error filling in the registration form.

And then the DOB is to verify when you arrive that your ID matches with the PPS number thats booked.

Having said that, they might see reason when you explain it, but the guy i was beside wasnt getting much action from them. By the time i left, it was looking like he was having to go home to wait for a new text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

rm212 wrote: »
    Absolutely dying today after getting 2nd dose of AstraZeneca yesterday. Horrible brain fog and lightheadedness, sick stomach, feeling absolutely shattered. Anyone else have a similar reaction to AZ dose 2?

I had a day of that brain fog feeling and tiredness . Then three days with a frontal headache . On day 5 i got up and was dizzy and dizzy on and off all day

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

There was a load of talk last week on various platforms of the 30-39 year olds being able to register to get jabbed this week but not a word about it on the HSE site.

Sounds like there was a bit of jumping the gun. Probably 35-39 later this week. 30-34 within the next fortnight.

I'm 31 myself so know how you feel!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭JPup

Yeah. The latest noises seem to be about an announcement this week of when 30-39 year olds will be able to register, rather than registration actually opening this week.

Second doses for 40-59 year olds will take up a lot of supply in June and July, so it will be slow going to 30 somethings it seems and slower again for groups younger than that.

Still lots to be positive about of course. We're on track to be more or less back to whatever the new normal looks like by September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

rm212 wrote:
    Absolutely dying today after getting 2nd dose of AstraZeneca yesterday. Horrible brain fog and lightheadedness, sick stomach, feeling absolutely shattered. Needless to say, I’ve called in sick.

Sorry to hear that. I'm awaiting my 2nd jab (heard nothing yet from HSE). I'm Cohort 4 and had 1st jab on 7th April. Can I ask did the travel passport thing get mentioned at all?

• Advertisement

Didn't notice that bit in the post by FLC about falsifying age..... That will be problematic and they need to ring HSE and amend asap.

Didn't notice that bit in the post by FLC about falsifying age..... That will be problematic and they need to ring HSE and amend asap.

Yeah probably best to ring now rather than later and say he just noticed he put the wrong DOB in and can they fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I had mine at the Helix.
    One of the supervisors was great craic and cracking a good few jokes to the audience when you were sitting for your 15 mins after. I thought it was a nice touch.

Helix is great and Aviva is great also according to my wife who got her 1st dose there.

Saw someone having a similar discussion with registration desk yesterday. This is the thing with mass vaccinations, you get all walks of life and characters all massed up together (like Boards). There are many many reasons not to give a vaccine to someone with wrong information.

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Sounds like there was a bit of jumping the gun. Probably 35-39 later this week. 30-34 within the next fortnight.

One time I’m thankful to be 38 so.

Just can’t wait to get the ball rolling.

Been such a ****e year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Considering they have barely scratched the surface of the 40-44 cohort I can't see registration opening for the 30-39 this week. There are some pockets around the country doing the 40-44 but they are the exception rather than the rule.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

GLaDOS wrote: »

Yeah, the Irish Times led with a story saying that 35-39 would open Monday (today). Colm Henry quickly came out and said that they were looking at the numbers and would make a decision on opening for 35-39 towards the end of this week.
    So everyone is assuming that means Friday.

Late 30s here myself and seeing more and more people who are my age or slightly younger getting vaccinated by GP overspill. So I'm champing at the bit.

seamus wrote: »
    Yeah, the Irish Times led with a story saying that 35-39 would open Monday (today). Colm Henry quickly came out and said that they were looking at the numbers and would make a decision on opening for 35-39 towards the end of this week.
    So everyone is assuming that means Friday.

Late 30s here myself and seeing more and more people who are my age or slightly younger getting vaccinated by GP overspill. So I'm champing at the bit.

Yeah a few of my mates have benefited from GP overspill as well.

Not I unfortunately. Crossing my fingers though. I’d run to the GP. Lol

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I had a day of that brain fog feeling and tiredness . Then three days with a frontal headache . On day 5 i got up and was dizzy and dizzy on and off all day

Ah ****e, I hope I’m not in for a week of feeling like crap. Thanks for sharing your experience with it.

• Advertisement

thegills wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. I'm awaiting my 2nd jab (heard nothing yet from HSE). I'm Cohort 4 and had 1st jab on 7th April. Can I ask did the travel passport thing get mentioned at all?

Thanks. I’m also cohort 4 and had my first on 21 March, was given second dose exactly 12 weeks to the day, but only given very short notice so I wouldn’t worry yet.

Absolutely no mention of the travel passport whatsoever.

Advertisement