Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 822158Kid

Hi all, anyone had to change their Vaccination centre for the 2nd Vaccine? I am hoping to change to Galway for the 2nd one. Just heading to get my first shot this evening in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,109 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

ixoy wrote: »
    It's an odd way of phrasing it when he could just have said that they're still working their way through the current groups and want to clear them down further before committing to the next group. There's loads of people in the 40-44 group awaiting notification of an appointment.

Maybe, but it's also possible that the registration rate in the 40-50 group is low.

I don't think that's a problem for now though. The risk for 40-somethings isn't much different from 30-somethings, what matters is shots in arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭larchielads

astrofool wrote: »
    There just isn't the vaccine supply to do that at the moment, take up of the vaccine has been very high (which is good) which means it will take longer to get to the younger age groups.

Apparently Reid said the hse want more of an uptake in the 40's category first,meaning they have supply. I'm sayin if they don't want it move on to the people who do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Lumen wrote: »
    Maybe, but it's also possible that the registration rate in the 40-50 group is low.

It's not, I saw a graph yesterday and it's pretty high.

I think those in the next group, myself included will be waiting a fair while for their first jab. Being optimistic we can register next week and then with all the second shots needed for other groups it will surely be around 3 weeks from registration, that brings us to the middle of July!!

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    It's not, I saw a graph yesterday and it's pretty high.

Donnelly linked to the EU vaccine portal so I assume it's fairly up to date.

It says 34.9% with one dose in the 25-49 age group, in which we have 1.75m people, so that's 610k people.

In the 40-49 group there are 750k people.

610/750 = 81%. OK, so that's not bad since there are still people waiting.

https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker.html#age-group-tab

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I wouldn't argue that it's a tactic to keep excessive restrictions in place to help keep the vaccine programme ticking over

If restrictions were eased like they should be the younger cohorts wouldnt bother getting one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mossie

JimmyVik wrote: »
    How long was that since your first?

Exactly 28 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Lookin for more of an uptake in that age group? How long does that go on while other people in the younger categories are left waiting and longer exposed to covid cos Johnny and Mary in their 40's can't be bothered to take the vaccine? Roll it out and be done. The people in their 40's can still register if they want to.
    Government givin out about the hoards of people gathering outdoors on a sunny day but yet hold up the roll out to the people who are doing the gathering. Vaccinate em and let them gather

https://healthservice.hse.ie/staff/n...e-11-june.html

Know two people in Cork register since the very earliest possible date born 1979 and 1981 and neither have had an appointment offered yet.

They going flat out vaccinating. The 35-45 age band is the largest grouping in Ireland. It’s not going to go as fast as the previous age groups because there are huge numbers of people.

The lower end of the 30s and into the 20s is a smaller population.

You’re making rather unfair and inaccurate assumptions that people aren’t registering. The opposite would seem to be the case.

I’m aware of people born in 1977 and 1976, also registered from the start, who will be getting their first doses later this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

mossie wrote: »
    Exactly 28 days.

Is it 28 days counting the day which you had your first dose?

Just curious. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

822158Kid wrote: »
    Hi all, anyone had to change their Vaccination centre for the 2nd Vaccine? I am hoping to change to Galway for the 2nd one. Just heading to get my first shot this evening in Dublin.
    That sounds like a call to the helpline and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

So those who are vaccinated with AZ are twice (8%) as likely to end up in hospital that those who received Pfizer (4%).

AZ t-cell production is increased when comparing to Pfizer, so long term build up of antibodies.
    Indeed, AZ may well be higher than 92% as further study and slow burn continues.

The main goal is they both do the job they were designed to do. It is great news that they work well against the Delta variant. Hence the importance of2nd jabs.

Anyone seen anything about Janssen and Moderna figures, -I may have missed results published..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

astrofool wrote: »
    Ignore the papers, go directly to the source for information, the papers are woeful at the moment.

Mills was on the radio this morning putting fear into people about the adenovirus vaccine vector with the take away being that the second shot of AZ was less effective then the first :confused:

That just isn't true and they've conflated immunity to the adenovirus itself (which could happen after many doses, they're not sure yet but it's more than 2 and they can vary the adenovirus anyway) vs. a 2 dose vaccine regimen that has a very proven high efficacy and effectiveness.
    What's going on with Kingston Mills lately? He seems to have a real bee in his bonnet over AZ. Did he not see the PHE report yesterday evening, which categorically stated that the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine is 92% effective against hospitalisation after 2 doses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mossie

Galego wrote: »
    Is it 28 days counting the day which you had your first dose?

Just curious. Thanks

My first was Monday 17 May 14.05, second Monday 14 June 14.55.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Again the media raised hopes based on completely unconfirmed decisions. Sure it's the FF party but they do have access to better sources, i.e. MoH. TBH I don't get the angst about this at all as there are numerous balls to juggle in the air for the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Lookin for more of an uptake in that age group? How long does that go on while other people in the younger categories are left waiting and longer exposed to covid cos Johnny and Mary in their 40's can't be bothered to take the vaccine? Roll it out and be done. The people in their 40's can still register if they want to.
    Government givin out about the hoards of people gathering outdoors on a sunny day but yet hold up the roll out to the people who are doing the gathering. Vaccinate em and let them gather

https://healthservice.hse.ie/staff/n...e-11-june.html

I don't believe for one second there is a slow uptake in the current cohort. They seem to have been spooked by the Delta variant and have shifted priority to second doses. In my extended group of friends ranging from 40-43 none have been called yet on the Northside of the city. If there was a low uptake appointments would have been given by now for those years.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Donnelly just posted 56% with first doses and 25% fully vaccinated. 3.2 million doses so far. 30-39 opening soon but no date. 300k jabs to be giving this week.

Donnelly just posted 56% with first doses and 25% fully vaccinated. 3.2 million doses so far. 30-39 opening soon but no date. 300k jabs to be giving this week.

https://twitter.com/DonnellyStephen/status/1404735946961080321

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

How long do we reckon it will take to get through 30-39? Would we say early July is game on for 20/29 age cohort registration to open?

• Advertisement

How long do we reckon it will take to get through 30-39? Would we say early July is game on for 20/29 age cohort registration to open?
    Might be mid-July now. All down to supplies as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭JPup

Stevek101 wrote: »

Where's the mixed messaging there? FF saying on the 10th that registration would open by the end of this week. The latest update today (as reported in the Irish Times) is that it will happen by Monday at the latest.

The consistent message for the last week for so has been that 30 somethings could start registering around the end of this week. I don't see any mixed messaging there.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Was it about 60% first doses that Israel saw a drop in cases?

Our cases aren't too high anyway, so may take a bit more to have an impact.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

GLaDOS wrote: »

Our cases aren't too high anyway, so may take a bit more to have an impact.

Our case numbers fell by 22% over the past week (7 day average fell from 406 to 315)

GLaDOS wrote: »

Mid fifties % of total population.

Our 56% of adult population is about 42% of total population.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭zebastein

Donnelly is good at sending numbers that are outdated.

We had 50% adults vaccinated end of may
    We were aiming at 80% end of june, so the maths is simple: you need to increase 1% per day.

3rd june: 53% reached (https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/almost-2-9-million-vaccinations-administered-in-ireland-1137109.html)
    7th june: 55% reached (https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40308176.html)
    9th june: 57% reached, 3.1millions doses given overall (https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout/).

And now we are the 6 days later, and Donnelly posts about 56% vaccinated. :rolleyes:

The site of the ECDC gives us at 58.6% adults vaccinated first dose. That is still not amazing, only 8.6% done in half a month, so we'd finish the month at "only" 66-67% at this rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,196 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I just got my hopefully only but I suppose it could be first vaccine appointment. They rang me which I thought was strange as I had heard they text you and I would have preferred a text. I only registered was it last Tuesday.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

AMKC wrote: »
    I just got my hopefully only but I suppose it could be first vaccine appointment. They rang me which I thought was strange as I had heard they text you and I would have preferred a text. I only registered was it last Tuesday.

Did the GP ring or who rang ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Sorry if asked before but where is the best place to park for Aviva?
    Is it Gate 8 to aim for?
    thanks

• Advertisement

mathie wrote: »
    Sorry if asked before but where is the best place to park for Aviva?
    Is it Gate 8 to aim for?
    thanks

Underground car park. I'd never been there before but the satnav took me right there.

Advertisement