Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lumen wrote: »
    Underground car park. I'd never been there before but the satnav took me right there.

They only take card there apparently just a heads-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Thought so, vaccine centres can give Janssen can be given to under 50's but I don't think pharmacies have permission to give it yet.
    It's unlikely they will. We are now down to the early forties without it. Pharmacies have an initial 60,000 supply of J&J and I got the impression that is about a week's worth. Remember there are 1,000 pharmacies participating. Part of their use is to make shots available to those who are a long way from MVCs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Thought so, vaccine centres can give Janssen can be given to under 50's but I don't think pharmacies have permission to give it yet.

Boots called and cancelled the appointment.

Looks like their booking system will be fixed shortly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

So I received my 1st dose (AZ) back in March. I received the appointment by text and at the same time I received a text with an appointment for the 2nd dose which I now due on Thursday.

I have heard nothing since but hearing reports of people who received 1st dose of AZ but no 2nd appointment confirmed yet.

I will assume I am getting the 2nd dose on Thursday unless I get a text to cancel?

I didn't register to receive so not sure how I can follow up to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    So I received my 1st dose (AZ) back in March. I received the appointment by text and at the same time I received a text with an appointment for the 2nd dose which I now due on Thursday.

I have heard nothing since but hearing reports of people who received 1st dose of AZ but no 2nd appointment confirmed yet.

I will assume I am getting the 2nd dose on Thursday unless I get a text to cancel?

I’m the same with Blanchardstown. No speeding up of doses, my appointment has always been for next week. I’m planning on turning up

• Advertisement

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Contact whoever organised the first one for you and ask. I know HSE people are being done now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

if you get your vaccine at local GP, i assume no need to register on the HSE portal?

Reason being am curious how the HSE would be updated that you are fully vaccinated for when its possible to apply for travel passport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭amandstu

Just a quick question, but may I ask why you would doubt it very strongly or put another way, what has led you to doubt it strongly?

Jimmyvik was talking about one jab of Pfizer giving 30% protection from symptoms (not hospitalisation) and Jpup replied to him that data showed that figure was 90%.

But that 90% only applies to hospitalization (a good figure admittedly)

I was doubting that there was a 90% protection from symptomatic illness from the Pfizer vaccine after one jab -and I think I was right to doubt Jpup's assertion.

(I wouldn't have continued to doubt it if there was new data to hand but sadly there wasn't there wasn't )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Apogee

Fergal Bowers reporting on 6.01 that proper vaccination numbers will be available again from HSE next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Can you get the 1st vaccine in one location and the 2nd vaccine in another location (another county)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Apogee wrote: »
    Fergal Bowers reporting on 6.01 that proper vaccination numbers will be available again from HSE next week.

What sort of numbers are people expecting for total people vaccinated next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Husband was talking to a former colleague today who lives in Kildare. We have kids the same age - 12. She told him that 2 of her daughters classmates (also 12) whose parents work for Pfizer are getting vaccinated this week as Pfizer are vaccinating employees immediate family members.
    I thought that Ireland had not yet authorised the use of Pfizer for ages 12-15 (despite the EMA having done so).

So I am curious if this is likely to be true ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,109 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Husband was talking to a former colleague today who lives in Kildare. We have kids the same age - 12. She told him that 2 of her daughters classmates (also 12) whose parents work for Pfizer are getting vaccinated this week as Pfizer are vaccinating employees immediate family members.
    I thought that Ireland had not yet authorised the use of Pfizer for ages 12-15 (despite the EMA having done so).

From 3 days ago

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/hse-plans-pfizer-jabs-for-12to-15-year-olds-40531942.html
    [NIAC] is expected to approve a jab for 12 to 15-year-olds as soon as this week, according to sources close to the programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭celt262

SusanC10 wrote: »

Pfizer are not jumping ahead of what HSE are doing 40-60 now for family of employees.

Not a hope kids are getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

England hopes to have offered 2/3's of adults their second jab by the end of July. Didn't M.M say last week the target is to have 70% of adults double jabbed by the end of July? Ireland will overtake England by the end of July?

Edit. Sorry by the 19th of July regarding England. So pretty much the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

celt262 wrote: »
    Pfizer are not jumping ahead of what HSE are doing 40-60 now for family of employees.

They are, my cousin works for Pfizer they did all over 18s in his family about 2 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭celt262

mightyreds wrote: »
    They are, my cousin works for Pfizer they did all over 18s in his family about 2 months ago.

Really they said they wouldn't at the start but fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Really they said they wouldn't at the start but fair play.

Yeah it's good of them I suppose it's there own supply, so they can fire ahead more for the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Yes they are - I know a guy in his thirties who works there who was vaccinated in January, and his wife was vaccinated in May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,644 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

At least the news that the portal will open for 30-39 year olds next week

Been 31 and if they do it in stages like the others, it should be another 2 weeks til i can register

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    69 year olds now getting text for 2nd dose Az . 8.5 weeks after dose 1
    Good news

Do you know any 69 year olds getting the text? Registration only opened for them 9 weeks ago this coming Thursday. Good news indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

vienne86 wrote: »
    Do you know any 69 year olds getting the text? Registration only opened for them 9 weeks ago this coming Thursday. Good news indeed.

Yes i know 2 . Both for appointments next week bringing them to 8.5 weeks. City west for both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Apogee wrote: »
    That means some posters can come off the Xanax!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭Raoul

mightyreds wrote: »

In my 30s. Got vaccinated two weeks ago by Pfizer due to my sister working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Cork2021

is_that_so wrote: »
    That means some posters can come off the Xanax!

I’ve used alcohol to get through this! So will ease off once I see the numbers again!

PTH2009 wrote: »

Been 31 and if they do it in stages like the others, it should be another 2 weeks til i can register
    Soon is not necessarily next week, but they will announce this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭eoinbn

PTH2009 wrote: »

Sounds like it will open for 35-39 first. Paul Reid has said that twice.

Depending on the AZ delivery schedule we could see 400k+ doses given over the next couple or weeks. Starting from next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

eoinbn wrote: »
    Sounds like it will open for 35-39 first. Paul Reid has said that twice.

Depending on the AZ delivery schedule we could see 400k+ doses given over the next couple or weeks. Starting from next.

I could be wrong here, but that’s how they’ve done everyone else. In groups of 5. The only difference with the 40-49 group is that instead of moving on straight away to the next group of 5, they had the 2 week break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

My own gp is still ignoring the fact I'm high risk. Said that I don't have much longer to wait and my age group opens this week. I've been waiting 6 weeks for my first shot. I thought I would be fully vaccinated by now.

Advertisement