Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,053 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Cork2021 wrote: »

That's great news. Sounds like the entire cohort of AZ recipients in the country might be fully vaccinated very shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭rameire

Got my second shot of Pfizer yesterday. 4 weeks after first.
    Cohort 7 through doctors. Age 39.999
    Today I'm rotten. Body is in pain. Head is melted. Feel nauseous. Temperature is swinging high to low.
    Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

Wife age 38. Cohort 4 got first astra 69 days ago in Tallaght hospital after consultant added her to list.
    Got text today is getting second dose this Friday in the Heilix.
    Happy days.

3 friends born 1981 to 1980 all registered when available. No appointment yet. Location is Dub 9.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

rameire wrote: »
    Got my second shot of Pfizer yesterday. 4 weeks after first.
    Cohort 7 through doctors. Age 39.999
    Today I'm rotten. Body is in pain. Head is melted. Feel nauseous. Temperature is swinging high to low.
    Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

Wife age 38. Cohort 4 got first astra 69 days ago in Tallaght hospital after consultant added her to list.
    Got text today is getting second dose this Friday in the Heilix.
    Happy days.

3 friends born 1981 to 1980 all registered when available. No appointment yet. Location is Dub 9.

Did you have any side effects after first dose?

I was flattened after Pfizer first dose for close to a week hoping second dose will be easier

Stheno wrote: »
    Did you have any side effects after first dose?

I was flattened after Pfizer first dose for close to a week hoping second dose will be easier

Nothing to write home about after first. Just a small headache after first.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

rameire wrote: »
    Nothing to write home about after first. Just a small headache after first.

Interesting.

I'd severe joint pain, brain fog, nausea, chills and felt just awful for 6 days
    Woke up on the 7th feeling rifhr5as rain and grand since

• Advertisement

Interesting.

Hopefully you will be fine after the second.

Interesting.

Side effects of vaccine are greater if you had covid.

Did you have covid infection by any chance?

I have hcw friend who had covid infection and first dose of vaccine and side effects were through the roof with first dose. Hes nervous about second dose. Means its working though i would think.

Side effects of vaccine are greater if you had covid.

Did you have covid infection by any chance?

I have hcw friend who had covid infection and first dose of vaccine and side effects were through the roof with first dose. Hes nervous about second dose. Means its working though i would think.

Not tested but March 2020 i was quite ill for six weeks and then had recurring sinus issues which required prescription medication until the first dose, including antibiotics, steroids four times and daily antihistamines and steroid sprays

Since I got over the vaccine side effects I've not needed those meds

My doctor is of the opinion what I had in March 2020 was likely Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Well, I'm halfway there.

Age 40.

Waterford centre.

15.05 arrived at the door.
    15.08 all details taken, and I'm inside queueing.
    15.25 I'm already on the other side after vaccination given.
    15.38 holding time is over.

They have a great set up. Floor marked for distance, which everyone adhered to. Queue was flowing steady.
    Everybody so helpful and polite, and the bottle of water was very welcome at the end.

Well done to everyone involved

Oh, so far the only affect is a sore arm when I raise it. Like the muscle is bruised around where injected.

They also ask if you're right/left handed so the inject the opposite arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Interesting.

You're an outlier so. Docs are advised to warn that Pfizer/bioNTech reaction is more likely after the second dose. Perhap you'd hd covid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Kdono

Hi All,

I am 23 week pregnant and registered through my OBGYN 4 weeks ago. No call, text or anything since then. I called the covid hotline, and apparently pregnant women are on a different system. Does anyone have a contact where I can see if pregnant women are actually registered? The usual channels can't tell me anything(GP, OBGYN, he's helpline cannot tell me anything)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭JPup

Not tested but March 2020 i was quite ill for six weeks and then had recurring sinus issues which required prescription medication until the first dose, including antibiotics, steroids four times and daily antihistamines and steroid sprays

Since I got over the vaccine side effects I've not needed those meds

My doctor is of the opinion what I had in March 2020 was likely Covid

Wow. So you had long Covid for over a year? That's terrible. Glad to hear that the vaccine has cured you.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

I'm due to get my first dose on Thursday in the Helix. Are they strict on you appointment time. I'm due at 6 but was hoping they would let me in around 5pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    I'm due to get my first dose on Thursday in the Helix. Are they strict on you appointment time. I'm due at 6 but was hoping they would let me in around 5pm
    They may let you in but you will just make the wait longer for those arriving at their allotted time.

Seems the plan is literally to finish up with use of AstraZeneca in Ireland by July 19th - all doses will have been delivered by that point

https://twitter.com/Mark_Coughlan/status/1404897027541147654

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

What about those with appointments between 5-6 then ? They get delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cb12345

iamwhoiam wrote: »

When I went they were quite relaxed with time. Someone ahead of me was an hour early and no problem @ 12.05. Maybe that changes later in the day , if delays build. I doubt it though . Worst case you are sitting in car for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Em OK!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Once you’re on the list for the day it won’t be a problem... sure people don’t come when it’s raining and then big crowd arrives when it dries up!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Are the 60 somethings that got AZ for their first dose getting it again for their dose 2?

I assume they don't have to reregister, and get contacted automatically for the second jab?

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Are the 60 somethings that got AZ for their first dose getting it again for their dose 2?

I assume they don't have to reregister, and get contacted automatically for the second jab?

Yes to all of the above. Second AZ dose will be after 8 weeks and they will be contacted by text with their second appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Qrt

Registered for the “spare” list with my GP, after the I met receptionist (know her to talk to really) and she told me to ring and make sure I was on it. Hopefully I can get done there a bit quicker.

You’ll be fine . I work in a vaccination centre. You’ll be done if you arrive any time during that day once you have your text as proof. You might need to wait a bit or you might be through in 15 mins , luck of the draw.
    We constantly get people arriving hours early or late due to work shifts or late appointment notification. The aim is to vaccinate people regardless, not turn them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭noplacehere

I don’t know any cohort four including myself who had the AstraZeneca dose moved up. Is it only the age based ones they actually changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I don’t know any cohort four including myself who had the AstraZeneca dose moved up. Is it only the age based ones they actually changed?
    The moving up as you call it will be gradual. There is a big delivery soon and after that things will probably move quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Caquas

IT ‘s top story today is headlined
    ‘Vast majority’ to receive second AstraZeneca shot earlier under accelerated rollout

But the details are fuzzy
    However, while many will be vaccinated sooner than under the old 12-week dosing gap, which was shortened due to concerns over the Delta variant fuelling a surge in cases in the UK, the HSE was unable to say how many awaiting a second shot would receive it within eight weeks of their first.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/vast-majority-to-receive-second-astrazeneca-shot-earlier-under-accelerated-rollout-1.4594432

Caquas wrote: »

Delivery details of AZ are always fuzzy! The message is if we have it we're doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Paul Reid talking on RTE there. Approximately 300k per week for the next 2 weeks. A third of this will be AZ second doses, coupled with the 50-59 cohort due a second mRNA dose we could be looking at quite a slowdown in first doses over the next 2/3 weeks at a minimum.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

JRant wrote: »
    Paul Reid talking on RTE there. Approximately 300k per week for the next 2 weeks. A third of this will be AZ second doses, coupled with the 50-59 cohort due a second mRNA dose we could be looking at quite a slowdown in first doses over the next 2/3 weeks at a minimum.
    That might also explain why they've not opened the 30-39 group. If that happens next week that gives them a 2-3 week window to take care of AZ and other second doses. IIRC he also said recently that AZ are more confident of supplies in July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭JRant

is_that_so wrote: »
    That might also explain why they've not opened the 30-39 group. If that happens next week that gives them a 2-3 week window to take care of AZ and other second doses. IIRC he also said recently that AZ are more confident of supplies in July.

Exactly, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a large amount of people in the 40-44 group waiting even longer than the 3 weeks stated on the portal. They have changed tac mid group to focus on second doses and bring the gap down from 12 to 8 weeks. It's unfortunate for those of us in that group but with the limitations on the vaccine program we seem to be maxed out at around the 300k per week.

Unfortunately for everyone under 40 AZ could supply us a million doses a month from July but they will be getting donated and not used here.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Advertisement