Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,203 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

kg703 wrote: »
    Yeah they did the 50s all in one go though straight through.

Everyone in their 50s was once in their 30s, but not everyone in their 30s lives to see 50.

There are many many more people in their 30s than in their 50s in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭kg703

is_that_so wrote: »
    They are a much smaller decade than what's below them.

I understand that.

It's the lead up announcement that got my hopes up. If they said 35-39 like it is, I wouldnt have gotten excited about it.

Anyway. Another few weeks to wait so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭celt262

Vicxas wrote: »
    So this time next week i can register, sweet

And then wait weeks depending on what part of the county you are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

is_that_so wrote: »
    They are a much smaller decade than what's below them
    Allowing for factoring baby booms, emigation patterns and immigration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

celt262 wrote: »
    And then wait weeks depending on what part of the county you are in.
    It will depend more on supplies, which are expected to be better into July. That in turn will help us hit 400K a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Finally I can stop giving out about when I'll be able to register and can move on to giving out about when I will get a text with my appointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,476 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Finally I can stop giving out about when I'll be able to register and can move on to giving out about when I will get a text with my appointment

And check the portal so you wont have to give out about a text going astray!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Everyone in their 50s was once in their 30s, but not everyone in their 30s lives to see 50.

There are many many more people in their 30s than in their 50s in Ireland.

I wouldn't be quite so sure - there is quite a demographic hole in the 30 something age bracket. Data here from the 2016 census so add 5 years. Pretty close I would say

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp3oy/cp3/assr/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I all, I've received my first dose from my GP , can i register on the portal to see a record of this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭corkie

dashoonage wrote: »
    I all, I've received my first dose from my GP , can i register on the portal to see a record of this ?

No! The portal is only for registering for vaccines been offered by HSE VC's.

You could try ringing the helpline or Talk to your GP.

https://www2.hse.ie/services/contact-the-hse/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

odyssey06 wrote: »
    First Pfizer jab done this morning at Croke Park MVC - am in early 40s.
    No running commentary from Marty or national anthem from the Artane Boys Band alas :(

I was jabbed by a paramedic who joked "Don't worry, I can do this going around a corner at 60mph."

If you are going to Croke Park, entrance is on Jones Road (junction with Russell Avenue).
    Car parking is free, to the rear of the Croke Park Hotel.
    There is a portaloo in the car park but none at the MVC itself by the looks of things.

It's a bit cramped inside the MVC, they have a sheltered outside waiting area I thought they should have let the queue build up there and only let people into the MVC as booths are ready.
    To expedite things when you get in, write or print out your name, address, DOB, PPS number, mobile number on a piece of paper. It's a bit noisy inside the MVC and the sign-in person is behind screens and a mask so avoids you having to shout all your details in public.

Note that there is a walk-in test centre off the Clonliffe Road, so don't end up there by mistake - there are signs along the road for both destinations. If you are wondering why there are so many Gardai in the area it's because the Courts Service also has a temporary home at Croke Park.

Very good information there .
    That's great Odyssey, take it easy now .
    Might be able to organise the brass band and a few balloons for your 2nd jab , if you let us know the date ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

Just got a text saying my vaccine for this saturday is cancelled and will be rescheduled in the coming weeks.

Was surprised in the first place they had a spot for me because I know folks registered in the same area 3 years older than me that havent got there vaccine who registered before me.

Anyone able to shed light on a cancellation other than maybe they put me in too early. Have to say I had my Hope's up for saturday as I just want it done at this stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

corkie wrote: »
    No! The portal is only for registering for vaccines been offered by HSE VC's.

You could try ringing the helpline or Talk to your GP.

https://www2.hse.ie/services/contact-the-hse/

I registered for my first dose via the HSE but received it from my GP before I got my appointment. I was going to contact the HSE to tell them I dont need their appointment but it appears the GP has updated the portal as I can see now I am awaiting appointment #2.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Threadbanned poster given a holiday, thread cleaned up. As you were folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭eoinbn

kg703 wrote: »
    I'm actually so so freaking annoyed. All week from Stephen donnelly and MM they said 30-39. Now it's 35-39. It'll be weeks again before the register opens up. Really really disappointed

In two interviews that I have seen in the last week Paul Reid has stated it would open for 35-39 first. I don't think he could of been clearer.

Just got a text saying my vaccine for this saturday is cancelled and will be rescheduled in the coming weeks.

Was surprised in the first place they had a spot for me because I know folks registered in the same area 3 years older than me that havent got there vaccine who registered before me.

Anyone able to shed light on a cancellation other than maybe they put me in too early. Have to say I had my Hope's up for saturday as I just want it done at this stage...

At a guess I'd say they've switched to doing AZ second doses that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

eoinbn wrote: »
    In two interviews that I have seen in the last week Paul Reid has stated it would open for 35-39 first. I don't think he could of been clearer.

This.
    Everyone talks about "consistency" and mixed messages.

The Irish Times quoting sources and politicians speculating have given mixed messages, the HSE has been consistent. Only listen to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The real world results of AstraZeneca’s vaccine are looking better and better as the weeks go on.

56,000 doses administered yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Apogee

Reid/HSE
    -3.45M total vaccinations
    -2.3M 1 dose/61%
    -1.2M 2 doses/31%
    -administered 56K doses yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Paul Reid:

61% of adults partially vaccinated.
    31% of adults full-vaccinated

"Over 56,000 doses administered yesterday. The coming weeks will be the busiest of the programme to date: "very strong peak over the next couple of weeks.""

This week 310-330k , next week well over 300k

Uptake figures:

>80 ~100%
    70-79 97%
    60-69 92%
    50-59 87%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

So hitting the 3.5 million dose figure today so

And clear 4 million by the end of June

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Skygord

Paul Reid just now:

Yesterday: "56k vaccinations yesterday".

This week: "310k-330k this week".

Next week "well over 300k next week".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

very good figures

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

The real world results of AstraZeneca’s vaccine are looking better and better as the weeks go on.

Ties in with PHE's caveat about the protection following the second dose should increase over time. Looks like India had more time after the second dose for their study. I also assume being HCW's in India they would have been more exposed to covid.

Next 2 weeks are our peak as we move to a two-vaccine supply line afterwards

New Fairyhouse MVC by end this week
    Gorey/Arklow MVC opened next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Reid stressing it'll take a little longer to get dose 1 to the 30-39 age group given the large volume of dose 2 that'll be required for 40-49.

Personally think most expected that, the largest population groups.

Advertisement