Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Apogee wrote: »
    Uptake figures:

>80 ~100%
    70-79 97%
    60-69 92%
    50-59 87%

They are fantastic uptake figures!!! Can see 50-59 and 60-_69 increasing with the pharmacies now on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

They are fantastic uptake figures!!! Can see 50-59 and 60-_69 increasing with the pharmacies now on board.

Will also increase with GP data starting to come back through to the HSE now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Vaccines should be administered to people who have not contracted Covid first as priority at this stage in a younger cohort, would likely aid in lowering the Ro

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1405514539836313606

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

wadacrack wrote: »
    Vaccines should be administered to people who have not contracted Covid first as priority at this stage in a younger cohort, would likely aid in lowering the Ro

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1405514539836313606
    At this stage there would be no great gain as we are now under 45 with vaccine shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

God this briefing is cheering me up immensely.

• Advertisement

I know tonnes of people in their 20s and 30s getting vaccines due to connections or their GP sorting them out.

Here I am, 17 days after registration with no appointment.

Can't help but feel frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I know tonnes of people in their 20s and 30s getting vaccines due to connections or their GP sorting them out.

Here I am, 17 days after registration with no appointment.

Can't help but feel frustrated.

Very understandably. ...but the silver lining is: If they get on the same bus/shop with you, now they're protecting you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Just two vaccines from July, Pfizer and Moderna, and likely slightly lower levels of vaccination, back to around the 200K mark. 30-39 group - 710K (380K and 330K) may take a good while , 3-4 week cycle. No date on 30-34 group.

Correction: 200k is the expected weekly supply of vaccines in July, currently higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

My wife was called for her second Astra shot today 11 weeks since her first,i tagged along i was exactly 8 weeks since my first shot, i enquired at registration desk without much hope but they said no problem.Sligo vac centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

is_that_so wrote: »
    Just two vaccines from July, Pfizer and Moderna, and likely slightly lower levels of vaccination, back to around the 200K mark. 30-39 group - 710K (380K and 330K) may take a good while , 3-4 week cycle. No date on 30-34 group.

We're almost there. One day at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

The real world results of AstraZeneca’s vaccine are looking better and better as the weeks go on.

And yet sadly, it still gets trashed by some - a vocal bunch mind. It does what it along with all the other vaccines were designed to do - help protect, try to reduce and stop serious illness.

Again I urge people who may be unsure about any vaccine, talk to your Dr or medical advice and get protected if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

is_that_so wrote: »

Yeah looks like a 3-4 week lead in instead of setting out 3 weeks for 30-39. Not the worst, I expected a little longer to be honest.

Rough guess I'd expect 25-29 to register probably mid to late July at this point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Paul Reid:

61% of adults partially vaccinated.
    31% of adults full-vaccinated

"Over 56,000 doses administered yesterday. The coming weeks will be the busiest of the programme to date: "very strong peak over the next couple of weeks.""

This week 310-330k , next week well over 300k
    Apogee wrote: »
    Uptake figures:

>80 ~100%
    70-79 97%
    60-69 92%
    50-59 87%
    TheDoctor wrote: »
    So hitting the 3.5 million dose figure today so

And clear 4 million by the end of June
    Skygord wrote: »
    Paul Reid just now:

Yesterday: "56k vaccinations yesterday".

This week: "310k-330k this week".

Next week "well over 300k next week".

Just multi-quoting all of the above because god damn we are well on our way to resumed normality ladies and gentlemen.

Micky 32 wrote: »

Some of that data isn't great... out of 1,355 infections 90 were hospitalised which works out at 6.6%, for the age range of typical hospital workers that's no better than the typical hospitalisation rate for unvaccinated people of a similar age.

I know that twitter account likes to be positive but the they've manipulated the figures to make them look a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Looks like GPs will be continuing with vaccinations in an age based fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

Some of that data isn't great... out of 1,355 infections 90 were hospitalised which works out at 6.6%, for the age range of typical hospital workers that's no better than the typical hospitalisation rate for unvaccinated people of a similar age.

I know that twitter account likes to be positive but the they've manipulated the figures to make them look a bit better.

I was wondering if, as the data is for HCW, the concentrated exposure to Covid may have some bearing.... plus the general health of those hospitalised etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

HSE say they don’t expect CureVac to feature in our plans purely due to timescale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,053 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Seems we are now No.1 in the EU based on the seven day rolling average for vaccinations. Well done to all concerned, a quite phenomenal effort (helped in no small part by the huge take up by the Irish population).

I was wondering if, as the data is for HCW, the concentrated exposure to Covid may have some bearing.... plus the general health of those hospitalised etc.

It's possible I'm sure, it certainly increases the chance of being exposed to a significant viral load.

The first tweet

"Both Covishield (AstraZeneca) and Covaxin provided protection in OVER 95% of vaccinated individuals"

is a load of rubbish though. The fact 95% didn't get infected does not mean the vaccines protected 95% of the people, you'd only be able to calculate that if there had been a control group of 30,000 unvaccinated HCW and 100% had developed Covid.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Strazdas wrote: »
    Seems we are now No.1 in the EU based on the seven day rolling average for vaccinations. Well done to all concerned, a quite phenomenal effort (helped in no small part by the huge take up by the Irish population).

Wow that is fantastic, where can you see this? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

And yet sadly, it still gets trashed by some - a vocal bunch mind. It does what it along with all the other vaccines were designed to do - help protect, try to reduce and stop serious illness.

Again I urge people who may be unsure about any vaccine, talk to your Dr or medical advice and get protected if you can.

In fairness much of the criticism was not about the vaccine itself, but the company who produced it and fell way behind targets. Very big difference.

pc7 wrote: »
    Wow that is fantastic, where can you see this? :)

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations (you need to input the individual country names into the interactive charts). We've moved ahead of the likes of Malta and Denmark into the No.1 position.

Perhaps not a surprise though - it was obvious in recent weeks that we were vaccinating at a ferocious rate, but also that take up by the Irish public was huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,109 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations (you need to input the individual country names into the interactive charts). We've moved ahead of the likes of Malta and Denmark into the No.1 position
    Data looks a bit ropey though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Thanks Strazdas, I've booked marked it, its great news, nice one to keep an eye on.

Lumen wrote: »
    Data looks a bit ropey though.

I don't think so myself - we're doing about 50,000 a day, that's definitely huge by EU standards in relation to population size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Idioteque

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations (you need to input the individual country names into the interactive charts). We've moved ahead of the likes of Malta and Denmark into the No.1 position.

Perhaps not a surprise though - it was obvious in recent weeks that we were vaccinating at a ferocious rate, but also that take up by the Irish public was huge.

Where are you getting that? When I look at the data either per capita or otherwise we're nowhere near no 1?

Edit - ah just saw you said '7 day rolling average' in a previous post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

With the 30's opening on Sunday, How long would people guess would be the gap between registering and receiving your appointment date? I'm currently away, so just trying to gauge when I'd need to be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

I don't think its hyperbole to say we are the greatest ever

Idioteque wrote: »
    Where are you getting that? When I look at the data either per capita or otherwise we're nowhere near no 1?

Edit - ah just saw you said '7 day rolling average'

Yes, seven day rolling average - it has Iceland ahead of us, but they are non-EU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Corholio wrote: »
    How long would people guess would be the gap between registering and receiving your appointment date? I'm 38 and currently away, so just trying to gauge when I'd need to be back.

You're at the older end of the group so I'd say week starting 27th June is most likely, but you could be the back end of next week or the week after.

Advertisement