Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You're at the older end of the group so I'd say week starting 27th June is most likely, but you could be the back end of next week or the week after.
    Don't think it will be that fast with the rush on to complete second doses and it may well be the following week, the first full week of July before it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Corholio wrote: »
    With the 30's opening on Sunday, How long would people guess would be the gap between registering and receiving your appointment date? I'm currently away, so just trying to gauge when I'd need to be available.

HSE press conference flagged it could be a few weeks to get through the age group. Will take longer than other groups.

There's really no good guesses to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭celt262

With the 30's opening on Sunday, How long would people guess would be the gap between registering and receiving your appointment date? I'm currently away, so just trying to gauge when I'd need to be available.

Depends where you are in the country. Im 42 and registered near 2 weeks and no word yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭eoinbn

is_that_so wrote: »
    Just two vaccines from July, Pfizer and Moderna, and likely slightly lower levels of vaccination, back to around the 200K mark. 30-39 group - 710K (380K and 330K) may take a good while , 3-4 week cycle. No date on 30-34 group.

Correction: 200k is the expected weekly supply of vaccines in July, currently higher.

It is probably closer to 600k with HCW and Cohort 4/7.

If the supply is 200k then hardly anyone will be getting first doses in July. If you haven't got a first dose by early July you might be waiting until August.
    Even with the current accelerated supply level it will be into August before the 30s are finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They've basically committed to having an appointment for everyone within 3 weeks of registering. That's the threshold where they'll deal with you when you ring up. My 43 year old brother was done today, so at a guess I'd say they should be down to the 40-year olds by the end of next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

eoinbn wrote: »
    It is probably closer to 600k with HCW and Cohort 4/7.

If the supply is 200k then hardly anyone will be getting first doses in July. If you haven't got a first dose by early July you might be waiting until August.
    Even with the current accelerated supply level it will be into August before the 30s are finished.

Cohorts 4/7 will be a separate process and they are still gathering data - 100K left they estimate. That 200K projection does not include AZ or J&J, which will be wrapping up fairly soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Well that’s me done! My journey from the announcement of a pandemic to being fully vaccinated is over. Feels great. Haven’t felt this good in 16 months!

In celebration i booked a road trip to Europe for September. The path of some sort of normality begins of course with abundance of caution :D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Just two vaccines from July, Pfizer and Moderna, and likely slightly lower levels of vaccination, back to around the 200K mark. 30-39 group - 710K (380K and 330K) may take a good while , 3-4 week cycle. No date on 30-34 group.

Correction: 200k is the expected weekly supply of vaccines in July, currently higher.

Its worth nothing that a good bit of that age group have already got jabbed.
    Lots of healthcare workers, those in the health risk cohort plus know quite a few know that despite no health risks have received jabs from their GPs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Cohorts 4/7 will be a separate process and they are still gathering data - 100K left they estimate. That 200K projection does not include AZ or J&J, which will be wrapping up fairly soon.

That isn't what I am saying.
    Some of the 30-39 have already been vaccinated in different cohorts so there is less than 710k to vaccinate. Remove some anti vacs and you have about 600k to vaccinate.

If the supply is 200k mRNA per then 90% of those will go on second doses in July. That means at most we can vaccinate 20k people with a first dose. Early July will be higher as we should get 280k doses in late June.
    If we get 300k doses weekly we will be able to do 120k weekly. That still requires 5 weeks.

The unknown here is the stockpile of Pfizer that we might have. Does it exist? I speculated a few months back that we might not have procured enough low dead space syringes. If that is the case then our stockpile might not exist(i.e we were only able to use 5 out of every 6 doses that were delivered). I know we had some at the start but were we able to procure more as the supply increases 7 fold?
    If the stockpile does exist the it could be used in July to counteract any slowdown in first doses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I was apart of the last cohort because I’ll be 40 this year, and it will be 2 weeks this Sunday since I registered and still no word. I believe it’s up to 3 weeks for the last cohort but it seems a bit of pot luck when you’ll get the appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

My aunts second dose of AstraZeneca set for next week has been cancelled after further consultation with her Doctor. She had an allergic reaction to the first shot.

Not sure if she'll be offered Pfizer or Moderna anytime soon but hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    My aunts second dose of AstraZeneca set for next week has been cancelled after further consultation with her Doctor. She had an allergic reaction to the first shot.

Not currently she won't be as NIAC haven't issued any guidance on it & it currently doesn't form part of the rollout here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Getting first shot Moderna on Saturday. (June 19th). Got a positive test 5 months ago. Does this mean I will be fully vaxxed after one shot? An article from the Irish Times at end of April says I am but cant find anything on official Irish health sites to verify.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Getting first shot Moderna on Saturday. (June 19th). Got a positive test 5 months ago. Does this mean I will be fully vaxxed after one shot? An article from the Irish Times at end of April says I am but cant find anything on official Irish health sites to verify.
    I doubt they will consider this.
    Because it isn't yet confirmed how ong the recovery antibody protection last. Some people have stronger antibody reaction than others.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Seems we are now No.1 in the EU based on the seven day rolling average for vaccinations. Well done to all concerned, a quite phenomenal effort (helped in no small part by the huge take up by the Irish population).
    Which highlights that the wailing and moaning 2-3 months ago about the rate of vaccination in the North and the rest of the UK was much ado about nothing.
    This race was always going to be a marathon rather than a sprint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Some of that data isn't great... out of 1,355 infections 90 were hospitalised which works out at 6.6%, for the age range of typical hospital workers that's no better than the typical hospitalisation rate for unvaccinated people of a similar age.

I know that twitter account likes to be positive but the they've manipulated the figures to make them look a bit better.

Hospital workers generally run at 2.5 times rate of infection of non HCWs so would expect that tbh.

Its worth nothing that a good bit of that age group have already got jabbed.
    Lots of healthcare workers, those in the health risk cohort plus know quite a few know that despite no health risks have received jabs from their GPs.

How do you know this to be fair ?
    Do everyone you know tell you their entire medical history ?
    There are lots of conditions that are hidden that are in cohort 7 .

Tyrone212 wrote: »

Sorry to hear .
    Did she ask about Janssen or us that out as well ?
    Better if given by her doctor with adrenaline and steroids ready anyway jic .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

If you are under 50 yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

km79 wrote: »
    If you are under 50 yes

And not immuno compromised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Are these texts sent out at any point in the Day, or are they specific times like morning only, etc
    TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Goldengirl wrote: »

Christ sake are you for real. Believe what you want. I'm close enough to family and friends who have got jabbed at the doctors to know. Not everything is a big secret!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Can anyone explain to me how they’ll work through age groups come July with only 200k arriving weekly?
    It’ll be dog slow?
    I’m getting increasingly frustrated as I see perfectly healthy people in their twenties who work at home get vaccinated before me,
    I’ve been at the Coalface of this pandemic from start working in a supermarket.
    Booked an appointment with my GP for a check up who has previously refused to put me on a standby list for next Tuesday. There’s also been an outbreak at my workplace with 8 people testing positive.
    I’m right today that I am worried I’ll bring covid home with me, I certainly don’t want to with two young children and my wife.
    I’ll be putting my case forward to be jabbed if his got any spare.
    The outbreak at work has annoyed me more then anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mossie

votecounts wrote: »
    Are these texts sent out at any point in the Day, or are they specific times like morning only, etc
    TIA

I got both mine in the late afternoon / evening but I've heard others getting them in the morning so I don't think there's any particular time.

Christ sake are you for real. Believe what you want. I'm close enough to family and friends who have got jabbed at the doctors to know. Not everything is a big secret!

No need for the tone there.

You didn't mention family and friends in your post but even so I would not know every detail of other people's business .
    ...ffs
    Are you for real ? ;) !

I personally know three under 30 done in GPs . Definitely not cohort 7 as I know them very well since they were babies
    The same GP did not phone my daughter in cohort 7 ( she was vaccinated via the hospital clinic but I don’t know if the GP actually knew that )

No need for the tone there.

You didn't mention family and friends in your post but even so I would not know every detail of other people's business .
    ...ffs
    Are you for real ? ;) !

I know a few people <40 who got jabbed this week just by chancing their arm ringing their GP.

I'm going to try this tomorrow. Sick of waiting.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I personally know three under 30 done in GPs . Definitely not cohort 7 as I know them very well since they were babies
    The same GP did not phone my daughter in cohort 7 ( she was vaccinated via the hospital clinic but I don’t know if the GP actually knew that )

No matter how well you think you know someone there can always be surprises. Most people I know keep medical info on a need to know basis.

No matter how well you think you know someone there can always be surprises. Most people I know keep medical info on a need to know basis.

I know it for an absolute fact as their mother told me and said they were not in cohort 7 . She asked about my daughter in cohort 7 because hers are not and got called .

Agree .
    Have a friend and 2 members of family with a neurological problem that even other members of their family are not aware of .
    Maybe you know the complete medical history , maybe you don't .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

At this stage there would be no great gain as we are now under 45 with vaccine shots.
    No great gain? So we shouldn't do it? I think it might be harder to prioritise those who had no confirmed covid infection, unless administration was done on an ongoing basis with GPs who knew what patients they could rule out via positive test results. Sounds unworkable tbh, but I like the idea in principle.

Advertisement