Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary school in Raheny area.

Options
  • 21-05-2021 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

We’re hoping to buy in the Raheny area. We’ve seen a couple of houses we like, each falls into a different catchment area. We’ve two young boys and are hoping to get advice on schools. Any feedback on Naíscoil Íde or North Bay ETNS much appreciated. In your opinion, which is a better school & why? Also, any opinions on CKR ETNS currently based in Sutton? Or recommendations for any other schools in the area?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your home will be the biggest influence on your children's educational success.
    Inspection reports (if available) and other reports on the schools you mention are here:
    Naiscoil Ide

North Bay ETNS (.pdf)

CKR ETNS (.pdf)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Molina

spurious wrote: »
    Your home will be the biggest influence on your children's educational success./quote]

Thanks Spurious, I completely agree with you. I’ve read through the reports, they’re all strong reports, but I’m still not sure whether one school would be a better choice than another. I’m a teacher myself, so know how much can depend upon management and context.

We’re interested in a house the Raheny end of Foxfield, but it isn’t in the catchment area for Naiscoil Íde. There’s another house, which we like less, which does fall within its catchment. Its inspection report is over a decade old, but it sounds like a good school.

We don’t know much about North Bay (inspection report was great, but only in Art), or whether many children from Raheny attend there. The boys would play GAA etc in Raheny & we’d like them to know children locally. I know there’s a GAA club in Kilbarrack too.

Naiscoil Íde is a feeder for St. Paul’s & North Bay for Mount Temple. I’ve heard Mount Temple is very difficult to get in to, but a very good school.

I personally prefer the ET ethos, my husband would prefer the Catholic school (he likes that they’d have a uniform & that it’s in the village.) All schools are relatively small in size and would be within 15 minutes walk. With Covid calling to the school isn’t an option, so it’s difficult to pick up on the atmosphere of each.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That end of Foxfield would make the North Bay an ideal choice, all things being equal.
    Would the school be able to pass your number on to a member of the parents' committee for a chat? Or you could email them at NorthBayPTA@gmail.com and arrange to meet someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Molina

spurious wrote: »
    That end of Foxfield would make the North Bay an ideal choice, all things being equal.
    Would the school be able to pass your number on to a member of the parents' committee for a chat? Or you could email them at NorthBayPTA@gmail.com and arrange to meet someone.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Advertisement