Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm panel system fault

• 22-05-2021 1:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi

My house alarm just went off while I was inside. When I got to keypad it just said “system fault” and all the lights were flashing. Entering the code to disable wouldn’t work. None of the buttons seemed to do anything.

Eventually I turned off the switch in the fuse box and disconnected the backup battery and it stopped.

When I reconnected it all seems fine. It did show a warning that it had been tampered with by me.

I believe the panel is a UTC Fire and Security interlogix ATS1000A-IP.

Can anyone please advise on what might have gone wrong? And how to fix it or avoid in future?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

nialldinho wrote: »
    Hi

My house alarm just went off while I was inside. When I got to panel it just said “system fault” and all the lights were flashing. Entering the code to disable wouldn’t work. None of the buttons seemed to do anything.

Eventually I turned off the switch in the fuse box and disconnected the backup battery and it stopped.

When I reconnected it all seems fine. It did show a warning that it had been tampered with by me.

I believe the panel is an interlogix ATS1000A-IP.

Can anyone please advise on what might have gone wrong? And how to fix it or avoid in future?

Thanks

The battery in the box is gone I'd say.... Get a replacement one for it. It will be the big rectangular size unit at the bottom.

Did the power cut ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

The battery in the box is gone I'd say.... Get a replacement one for it. It will be the big rectangular size unit at the bottom.

Did the power cut ?

Sorry. That photo is from when I got it working again. Just to verify the model. The mains fault message must be from me cutting the power at the fuse box and then disconnecting the battery in the box.

There was no power cut beforehand. When it was going off the keypad just showed system fault and none of the buttons did anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sorry. That photo is from when I got it working again. Just to verify the model. The mains fault message must be from me cutting the power at the fuse box and then disconnecting the battery in the box.

There was no power cut beforehand. When it was going off the panel just showed system fault and none of the buttons did anything.

Unfortunately as it couldn't be turned off we don't know the fault.
    As the keypad was unresponsive Id also suspect the battery as its a powered device off the alarm system.

Thanks.

I found what I think is the manual online and it said an issue with the data bus line. Not sure why it would randomly have an issue though. And the keypad still seems to be fine today. Although I haven’t set the alarm again yet.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1636876/Interlogix-Advisor-Advanced-Ats-000a-Series.html#product-Advisor%20Advanced%20ATS1000A-MM

I’ll ring the installer on Monday anyway.

Latest update is the keypad still shows a device fault for the panel. Presumably from when I opened to disconnect the battery.

Now when I try to set the alarm it says “system check. devices open”. But all doors and windows are closed. Could this relate to the fault showing for the panel?

• Advertisement

Latest update is the keypad still shows a device fault for the panel. Presumably from when I opened to disconnect the battery.

Now when I try to set the alarm it says “system check. devices open”. But all doors and windows are closed. Could this relate to the fault showing for the panel?

Have you closed panel correctly, the tamper device must be set right.

Have you closed panel correctly, the tamper device must be set right.

Oh possibly not! I just closed it as best I could and screwed the screw back in!

So i opened the panel box again and I assume something needs to be done with the thing in the photo attached.

There is a pin thing on the lid that lines up with the hole circled in red. The screw then comes through the hole circled in yellow.

I have lined them up, closed the lid and tightened the screw but the keypad still shows the same message.

Should be a spring to activate tamper.... Can't see much in that pic

Sorry. Hopefully these pics are of more use

• Advertisement

Sorry. Hopefully these pics are of more use

Ok make sure those white connection ends are pushed in to where they sit, just have a quick look to see they are getting a good connection, the hole is allowing the tab on the cover to penetrate and press in the switch, it may well need a little wiggle to sit in right and that should stop the tamper issues.

Thank you again for the advice on this.

I finally got some time with the house empty to test out the switch. It is working fine. I was just struggling to get the housing lined up to close fully onto it. I have it in now and the alarm can be set again!

Advertisement