Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy pilots describe encounters with UFOs - 60 minutes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Wibbs wrote: »
    EG WW2 "Foo fighters". The germans did have all sorts of secret often very advanced stuff, but not foo fighters. The whole alien thing is more than a bit dubious too. Travel unimaginable distances using equally unimaginable technology to harass a few planes risking collision and conflict and or probing some housewife from Rhode Island? Eh nope.

The physical ET thing never made sense to me either given the science of galactic travel. The aliens physical appearance in these encounters seem to be so bizarre and random.

"Some of the black children thought the short little beings were zvikwambo, or tokoloshes – the evil goblins of Shona and Ndebele folklore – and burst into tears, fearing they would be eaten."

"On one handwritten page Dr Harder writes: “I asked what the ‘creatures’ looked like and got a description which included 1. No neck, no helmet 2. crab-like hands, two digits … 3. slit-like ‘mouth’.”

" (TASS) claimed that a group of children had spotted a small ball in the park whilst playing (now Yuzhny Park), which quickly morphed into a disc, which landed near them. Witnesses then reported a "three-eyed alien" and a robot exiting the craft."

Assuming and its a big assumption any of these wired encounters actually happened then these encounters would seem to be more psychological than physical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Talking of weird encounters & probing, personally speaking I steer well clear of entertaining any of the physical "meetings", Why? because it smacks of moving statue syndrome, like a mass hysteria or happening that cannot be authenticated in science, (so for me personally) claimed meetings and abductions are not on the table of reality.

Regarding clean shots of these UAPs, well it seems to me that photographing this phenomon is tricky to say the least, presumably because whatever it is doesn't like to be captured on film (digitally speaking), which just leaves professional eye witness accounts, and for me these accounts (sometimes backed up by radar & blurry flir) give us a glimpse of something totally captivating and fascinating - although still unidentified.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

Talking of weird encounters & probing, personally speaking I steer well clear of entertaining any of the physical "meetings", Why? because it smacks of moving statue syndrome, like a mass hysteria or happening that cannot be authenticated in science, (so for me personally) claimed meetings and abductions are not on the table of reality.

Regarding clean shots of these UAPs, well it seems to me that photographing this phenomon is tricky to say the least, presumably because whatever it is doesn't like to be captured on film (digitally speaking), which just leaves professional eye witness accounts, and for me these accounts (sometimes backed up by radar & blurry flir) give us a glimpse of something totally captivating and fascinating - although still unidentified.

That moving statue stuff on YouTube is extreme embarrassing to watch as an Irish person. How people could have been so thick is mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

What I found funny about this whole thing was the interviews with military who claim that this is an obvious security threat to us that we must understand. Just that initial default perspective, security threat. Have they not watched any sci-fi? When encountering technology beyond your understanding best not treat it as a potential adversary. There is a lot of assumption there that the objects have any purpose, that those motives can in any way resemble our own. As a tiny fraction of the infinite set of possibilities, the intelligence could be artificial, could be purely instant/animal intelligence, could be 2d objects that intersect our reality momentarily, could be an actual advanced intelligence whose motives are beyond consumption, could be a glitch in the matrix! Could be anything. Just interesting that first reaction of these guys is "oh no security threat". If something with that technology is a security threat, your efforts are all irrelevant anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

One thing about these videos and photos including the recent Air Force ones that bothers me is in all the decades of people having cameras, camcorders and more recently, virtually everyone having smartphones, nobody has every captured a clear image or photo of a UFO.

No TV crew has every got good footage and any UFO article or show never produces a convincing photo or video. Ok, if you use your phone to take a photo of the sky at night, you’ll usually only get blurry white dots, but still, you’d think at least one person would have caught a clear picture.

If such evidence does exist, then keeping it hidden or discredited is the best ever cover up by multiple governments over decades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Maybe the reason they have to be more open now with information is precisly the fact smart phone/cameras have now syarted to get good enough to film these objects and they want to head that off at the pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Wedwood wrote: »
    One thing about these videos and photos including the recent Air Force ones that bothers me is in all the decades of people having cameras, camcorders and more recently, virtually everyone having smartphones, nobody has every captured a clear image or photo of a UFO.

No TV crew has every got good footage and any UFO article or show never produces a convincing photo or video. Ok, if you use your phone to take a photo of the sky at night, you’ll usually only get blurry white dots, but still, you’d think at least one person would have caught a clear picture.

If such evidence does exist, then keeping it hidden or discredited is the best ever cover up by multiple governments over decades.

Billion dollar jet fighters but for some reason they put in video technology from the 80s.

And I don't understand the argument that people say that perhaps if they are aliens they don't want to be filmed. You really think 2 ETs are sitting in those crafts saying to each other, "hey Zhhtyd, move quickly cos I think they might be filming us".

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

NIMAN wrote: »
    Billion dollar jet fighters but for some reason they put in video technology from the 80s.

And I don't understand the argument that people say that perhaps if they are aliens they don't want to be filmed. You really think 2 ETs are sitting in those crafts saying to each other, "hey Zhhtyd, move quickly cos I think they might be filming us".

Not the case. The displays are ‘high definition,’ the sensor is not. The images are not from an optical sensor aka. A video camera. They’re from a FLIR infrared system, it’s the sensor data from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wedwood wrote: »

Do TV crews and people with smart phones generally hang around at 30,000 feet altitude? These videos were recorded by weapons systems and cameras on fighter jets and they were barely able to get a good image.

I’m not totally against the idea that these sightings are aliens or whatever but so far all the info we have seen has come from exclusively American sources and until that changes I don’t think it’s logical to rule out the possibility that the Americans are simply making all this up.

No, they are not suggesting that a pilot can't tell the difference between a bird and a plane. They are asking whether a pilot can ascertain in real time whether something like this is a bird or a plane.

And the answer is yes, they can, but only if they work it out. They can do this in the cockpit but this pilot, for whatever reason, jumped to the conclusion of what it was before doing the math, likely due to the excitement of the moment.

So do you think that the entire US military somehow missed this? I’d imagine this footage has been analysed by many many people not just pilots. You’re point seems to be based on the assumption that the data has been misinterpreted, that’s not a logical assumption. A more logical assumption would be that the Americans are simply making all this up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

I sometimes wonder if all these UFO sightings by military and laypeople do not have something to do with the current opioid crisis in the US of A.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

patnor1011 wrote: »
    I sometimes wonder if all these UFO sightings by military and laypeople do not have something to do with the current opioid crisis in the US of A.

the us of a has had one of those for quite a while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Yes, and according of experiences of some people one can see a lot of weird things under influence.
    Or perhaps we just see another smoke and mirrors to focus attention on something imaginary so people wont see what may be happening in the background.

Cheerful S wrote: »

Chad Underwood talks Tic-Tacs > Jump to 4:15 for his explanation ...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,458 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

NIMAN wrote: »

Probably because that is when most of them were designed.

maccored wrote: »
    the us of a has had one of those for quite a while

So the navy pilots are shooting heroin? I feel like that would have been noticed.

I think as a pilot, you would choose not to report such a sighting if possible for fear it would affect your career progression. Which makes me think they genuinely did see these objects. The problem is it's human nature to fill the unknown gaps with speculation. Believing that there are objects in the sky that we don't yet understand, does not mean extraterrestrial intelligence for example. It's just means there is some observable we don't understand. It could be a phenomena of atmospheric physics we never previously observed for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

The concept of extraterrestrials travelling vast distances only to buzz human aircraft is what many people find both impossible and illogical. This idea could well be unmaginative and primitive in itself.
    Other sci-fi explanations could involve these craft being interdimensional, so no vast distances of space and time needed. Or that they have always been here in some capacity, with ocean floor or subterranean bases.
    Another idea that has been floated is that these objects are US, our distant descendents from the far future observing us.

So yes, they could be mere optical illusions, or something much stranger, but the primitive notion of travellers from unbelievably far away, taking thousands of years to get here, is most likely a nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

The concept of extraterrestrials travelling vast distances only to buzz human aircraft is what many people find both impossible and illogical. This idea could well be unmaginative and primitive in itself.
    Other sci-fi explanations could involve these craft being interdimensional, so no vast distances of space and time needed. Or that they have always been here in some capacity, with ocean floor or subterranean bases.
    Another idea that has been floated is that these objects are US, our distant descendents from the far future observing us.

So yes, they could be mere optical illusions, or something much stranger, but the primitive notion of travellers from unbelievably far away, taking thousands of years to get here, is most likely a nonsense.

Not absurd to believe there not new arrivals. There sighting reports for generations, and indeed perhaps thousands of years and very possible know more about us than we do about them? First thing that's clear is the far more advanced technology and open public contact means we are going to have a look at technology greatly exceeds our own and would a race allow humans who fight their own people daily entry to the ships?

There's also a possibility even though we don’t want to think it, a past that forgotten and they're continuing to keep us on watch. We live on a detention planet and now reaching a level that requires more monitoring since we heading out to space and could menace them.

There lot of things you could imagine possible.

The https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vimana a real past or just tales for entertainment?

The Americans are making it all up.

Most likely they are experimental weapons systems (eg drones, missiles) and they sent uninformed pilots out to gauge their initial reaction, see how successful they are at getting a lock etc. When they were developing stealth they would do the same, tell a radar operator to try and track something without giving him any information about what it was.

• Advertisement

June 2021 "Soft disclosure"

The answers contained in the forthcoming report are unlikely to conclude that highly advanced extraterrestrials are the cause, although the report may not entirely rule them out, creating in effect a “soft disclosure.”

Link: https://deadline.com/2021/05/us-government-ufo-report-classified-military-documents-1234766489/

June 2021 "Soft disclosure"

The answers contained in the forthcoming report are unlikely to conclude that highly advanced extraterrestrials are the cause, although the report may not entirely rule them out, creating in effect a “soft disclosure.”

Link: https://deadline.com/2021/05/us-government-ufo-report-classified-military-documents-1234766489/

The report is going to say what they've already said just with more words. "We're aware of these things in our airspace, we aren't sure what they are and we can't explain their movements", but spread over 100s of pages. I still think they are making it all up. Where are the interviews with British, French, German, Russian pilots etc, the yanks can't be the only ones seeing this stuff. One of the American pilots that was interviewed said he sees things all the time, maybe he needs to go talk to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Personally leaning towards some sort of psy ops or “secret” tech that the Americans are playing with and they want even more funds to develop further

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Fritzbox

MadYaker wrote: »
    The report is going to say what they've already said just with more words.

agree with that.
    I still think they are making it all up.

Who, all those pilots, radar operators and other servicemen who have made the personal decision to go public and explained in their own word what they saw and experienced? Perhaps you could ask them yourself why the are "making it all up"?
    Where are the interviews with British, French, German, Russian pilots etc, the yanks can't be the only ones seeing this stuff.

They didn't have time and presumably the resources to do so. Apparently the report has only been 6 months in the making.
    One of the American pilots that was interviewed said he sees things all the time, maybe he needs to go talk to someone.

A USN pilot? Many of the servicemen have admitted to repeated sightings of UAPs

Personally leaning towards some sort of psy ops or “secret” tech that the Americans are playing with and they want even more funds to develop further

But that theory has already been already discounted many times, as the ability of the phenomon is not just one generation ahead, it's like off the scale ahead, or just "different".

Too advanced to be simply advanced US tech. Pulling G-Forces that would kill a person in a moment, being able to travel from 80k feet then drop to sea level within less than one second, changing direction like a ping pong ball hitting a wall, sharp turns at Mach 6+ would obviously discount psy ops.

It ain't just advanced US, Chinese or Russian tech, it's something different altogether.

But what?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

But that theory has already been already discounted many times, as the ability of the phenomon is not just one generation ahead, it's like off the scale ahead, or just "different".

Too advanced to be simply advanced US tech. Pulling G-Forces that would kill a person in a moment, being able to travel from 80k feet then drop to sea level within less than one second, changing direction like a ping pong ball hitting a wall, sharp turns at Mach 6+ would obviously discount psy ops.

It ain't just advanced US, Chinese or Russian tech, it's something different altogether.

But what?

I’m not suggesting anyone was actually in the craft. Controlled remotely much more likely

Fritzbox wrote: »
    agree with that.

Who, all those pilots, radar operators and other servicemen who have made the personal decision to go public and explained in their own word what they saw and experienced? Perhaps you could ask them yourself why the are "making it all up"?

They didn't have time and presumably the resources to do so. Apparently the report has only been 6 months in the making.

A USN pilot? Many of the servicemen have admitted to repeated sightings of UAPs

Wha?

So far, literally all the evidence and witness testimony has come from people who are US government employees, would you say the US government has a history of being honest? How do you know it was a personal decision for them? It isn't really logical to assume they are all acting independently. I'm no conspiracy theorist generally speaking but in this case it surely isn't out of the question.

It doesn't take much resources to get some pilots to do interviews and talk about what they've seen. Why is this only coming from the Americans?

But what?

The theory has absolutely not been discounted because we have no way of verifying these videos. Why are you assuming that the videos are real and the people interviewed are telling the truth? Every single one of them is a US government employee.

MadYaker wrote: »
    The theory has absolutely not been discounted because we have no way of verifying these videos. Why are you assuming that the videos are real and the people interviewed are telling the truth? Every single one of them is a US government employee.

Why do you think that they are making it up?

What is their motive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

But what?

Faulty camera or sensors?

Seriously, with all the HD, 4K, live stream tech, why are these things blurry as fcuk!

All Eyes On Rafah

Advertisement