Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have to sign a lease after renting for 8 years?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CrazyR

Thanks. I decided not to do anything at the moment. I will see how it goes and if they take any other steps to increase my rent or get rid of me I will most likely contact RTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

CrazyR wrote: »
    Thanks. I decided not to do anything at the moment. I will see how it goes and if they take any other steps to increase my rent or get rid of me I will most likely contact RTB.

Indeed. I'm in a similar-but-different scenario. I have very carefully filed the "paperwork" such as it was showing an illegally-large rent increase and vastly inadequate process. Don't plan to use them unless something goes wrong (eg LL lost capacity and a family member took over and tried to get stroppy). But it's quite reassuring knowing they're there.

Advertisement