Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really struggling with everything

• 22-05-2021 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all

I dont know where to start but let's give this a go..

I am finding myself really struggling with life I general. I keep thinking whats the point and I just want to give up because I just can't envision myself being happy or getting any satisfaction from life.

I've had a tough time of it in general over the years but particularly in the last couple of years I've gone through a lot. I know that's adding to this feeling but I honestly do not see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm finding it particularly hard not having anyone to talk to, I don't have any close friends and family are not an option either, we aren't very close. I just feel completely alone.

I don't know how to even begin to address this so any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Hi op
    The fact that you've posted here, that you're looking for advice shows me that you're not giving up. It shows strength and a willingness to do something about it, you just need help and support.

Have you considered talking to your go about a referral to a professional?

The past year has been bad.in so many ways but you've come out this side of it so there's hope.

Are you able to expand on what you'd like advice on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Arbuckle

Hi all

I dont know where to start but let's give this a go..

I am finding myself really struggling with life I general. I keep thinking whats the point and I just want to give up because I just can't envision myself being happy or getting any satisfaction from life.

I've had a tough time of it in general over the years but particularly in the last couple of years I've gone through a lot. I know that's adding to this feeling but I honestly do not see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm finding it particularly hard not having anyone to talk to, I don't have any close friends and family are not an option either, we aren't very close. I just feel completely alone.

I don't know how to even begin to address this so any advice is appreciated.
    Firstly remember your not alone. We can't give professional Advice as we aren't trained but pick your phone and text or call a family member and just say I'm struggling I need a dig out. If you aren't willing to disclose to family speak to samaratans or aware.

Do not do anything rash. My inbox is open for the night till you can sleep.

I hope your OK. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Remember this Night is darkest just before the dawn. So when things are bleak and look so dark they will improve right around tbe corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Well done for posting and thats the first step . Can you ask your GP for help , he /she can guide you to where you can get support . You need help so you can find yiur own strength to deal with a tough year

Or phone a friendly voice who will listen

It's late, but we're waiting for your call

Whatever you're going through, a Samaritan will face it with you. We're here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Call 116 123 for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Hi OP.

I am not sure what the issues are that you refer to.

Seeming alone etc seems to be one. Perhaps you could start by finding a counselor?

And maybe it could be a goal between you and your counselor to help you make closer relationships with other people? Maybe they could help you build your support structure.

One of the beauties is not seeing light at the end of the tunnel ..in a way of not having anything to lose ...is you can do anything you want. Any far fetched dream you can try for it. And maybe your dream won't be as much hard work as you think.

Anything is possible in that tunnel ..or you may as well act like it is.

You are the light at the end of the tunnel.

You are stronger than you think.

When you are feeling keen social and energetic ..making friends and connections is ..easier. Right now it might feel harder because of the general mood you describe.

They say you need to spend 90 hrs with someone to be a friend and 200 hrs to be a close friend. That is a lot of ENERGY!

Find your passion for life again.

And yes do find someone in the interim to have a chat ..gp ..or Samaritans or ...whomever. And don't act out on the negative side of your emotions ...or at least not in a rash way.

Lots of love xx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭YellowLead

You’re definitely not alone! And fair play for being brave enough to post about it. It’s not easy having no close friends to talk too - but there’s a whole community of online you can tap into. You need to start feeling a glimmer of hope somehow x take comfort if you can in the fact that many go through similar at some point in their lives, it’s not a failing in your part...it’s part of being human.

• Advertisement
Advertisement