Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil 2021(10th Anniversary)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I'm afraid I have to pull out too, bit of a disaster last night. Brought the kids swimming in the Boyne and banged my back off a rock. I thought it'd be fine but I'm sore this morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

good bit cooler out there this morning, and a bit of a breeze - but still very humid. best of luck to all having a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Laragh, you’ve never looked so sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Just in the door. Unreal day, so much pain at the end after what had started out promising.

I was like Chris Froome today. Getting dropped on every climb.

I stayed with guys until the vale of Clara climb. I turned off at Rathdrum and headed for laragh. The road home up sally gap was awful. The head wind was a sole destroying. 1hour 51mins from laragh to the viewing point. dark dark times it was.

170 km in total which is 80 more that my best this year.

again, great company on the evil. We always get a good bunch.

https://strava.app.link/JEmyG3aP9hb

blob:https://www.boards.ie/7fead0f2-5183-4e7b-b35d-2216b85abe42 There was an error displaying this embed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Bravo chaps. Always a brutal day however much you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Better late than never. Knackered 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Fair play to everyone of you, you bunch of lunatics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,001 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

My body is sore! https://www.strava.com/activities/5681683506

I thought that Liam Horner climb or whatever it called would never end. Thanks to Mercian Pro for insisting we do Ticknock. I was tempted to leave it out and head home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

Well that was... Evil! Almost broke my vertical ascent record from the Alps.

Bonked hard coming up over the featherbeds but didn't realise I was that bad. Turned down the offer of a bar to keep me going. When I finally crawled my way up ticknock I was very glad the offer of that bar still stood!

Thanks to the Blanch lads for towing me around. You were having a good ding dong battle for the KOM points on each climb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Well done guys. We decided on the (slow and) steady approach with plenty of refuelling and filling of bidons and it worked! First ride this summer where I weighed the same at the end as at the start so no dehydration for a change. Thanks irishrover for planning the route (you evil ba**ard). Decided not to use the MTB trail going up 3 Rock at the end - hope that doesn't disqualify us. First time up a few of those climbs and probably happy never to see them again.

Off to Clonmel later for a few days of hill-walking and maybe a lumpy spin on the Waterford Greenway 😊

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you should not be awake at 9:40am the morning after an evil. midday is a more suitable time to wake up.

belting hot out there today, i suspect that wind yesterday may have been a blessing in disguise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭hesker

Chapeau folks. That’s some serious cycling. Nearly 5k climbing. Very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

I tried and I failed....https://www.strava.com/activities/5689543239

2nd year in a row i havent finished it.......next year will be third time lucky.....hopefully...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭devonp

Evil 2021

cycled this today (solo) in less than dry conditions !! stopped so many times to change from arm warmers to gilet to rain jacket to gilet..ad naseum

but still end up soaked through by the time i got to climbing out of Cunard...and that lane! found the steep ramps around Oldbridge really tough on the return part. stopped in Laragh , Rathdrum and Laragh again ( got very cold waiting al fresco for me burger) never really warmed up after and kept my rain jacket on despite weather improving with some blue pieces of sky. Cold HW on the feather beds was the straw...so no legs for the mast climb to 3 rock left at the top of Kellystown and back to the car.

still happy to have done it 😊

196Km 4500m at 21kph in 12 hrs total

Advertisement