Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTC or ETH ETF options in Ireland?

• 23-05-2021 6:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Is there a Bitcoin ETF option in Ireland?

I've had a lump sum managed with Invesco for the past 11 years. It's mostly a Passive Equity Fund, and the returns are just under 9% overall, which is fine.

I rang them in 2016 to see if I could move part of my fund into Bitcoin and Ethereum.... they said that wasn't an option which of course is a shame.

Now that Bitcoin and Ethereum ETF's are available, in Canada anyway, can I have part of my fund moved in here?

I'm not sure if they can invest in foreign exchanges.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,425 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

bacon? wrote: »

I've had a lump sum managed with Invesco for the past 11 years. It's mostly a Passive Equity Fund, and the returns are just under 9% overall, which is fine.

I rang them in 2016 to see if I could move part of my fund into Bitcoin and Ethereum.... they said that wasn't an option which of course is a shame.

Now that Bitcoin and Ethereum ETF's are available, in Canada anyway, can I have part of my fund moved in here?

Your cumulative lump sum gain in 11 years was 9%??

Is that not a bit disappointing?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭bacon?

lawred2 wrote: »
    Your cumulative lump sum gain in 11 years was 9%??

Is that not a bit disappointing?

Just under 9% per year, not total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,425 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Just under 9% per year, not total.

Ok that's much much better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Parkender

I use VanEck Vectors Ethereum ETN (VETH) through DEGIRO. Giving me a rollercoaster ride recently!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If it's standalone savings, as previous poster said, Degiro has options.

If it's pension money, as far as I know Aviva are the only ones that do it in Ireland

• Advertisement
Advertisement