Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 38 - Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Currently 41 but when the captain is moved to Kane (bruno atm) and Foden in as first sub its looking like 56

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

66(-4) once bonus are added. No idea how that will be. Hopefully a small green arrow. Mané and Ederson the heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I've either split the €500 pot in my money league or won it by 1 or 2 points. I keep counting differently aaaah. Foden going off pre 60 was massive. If Raphina gets 1 or 2 bonus points I think I'm home.

We'd only 4 different players today. Nerves are shot.

You can usually check the bonuses in the fpl app in fixtures and results. Unfortunately it doesn’t have Raphinha down for any bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Finish up on 63 which is predicted to bring me in to the top 400,000 OR. Made a very bad start to the season so HEWT.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

60. Small green but not enough to dip into the top 100k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

61 (-4)
    Finishing barely inside the top 20k.
    In two minds about playing next season. Tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Get in!! I was 16pts behind and I’m now currently 17pts ahead of main rival this GW!! Mane (c) bonus will bring me further ahead. Nice end to a frustrating season!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

56 or 57 depending if Raphinha gets a bonus point. Very nervy last 10 minutes, rival brought in Mane (c) and Robertson. Was sh1tting myself at that chance where Salah should have passed to Mane for his hat trick, thank fcuk he was greedy. Started the gw with a 40 point lead but had it slashed to 9 points, my nerves are at me!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

85 points thanks to Mané captain. Went for it and so glad I did now.

Will finish at 2k which I'm thrilled with. A fourth top 10k finish as well.

Won two Last Man Standings ; missed out by 3 or 4 points in a few Boards money leagues but so be it, I'll be taking home nice money either way.

I'll be very glad of the break because it's felt like constant fantasy football for me over the last 11 months with little let-up due to Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

76 and 45k finish.

Plenty of moolah won in money leagues.

Enjoy the summer folks.

See yous next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

LiveFPL down... déjà vu from last day of last season last summer. Any idea what average score will be? Think I’ll end up on around 63 by my calculations after bonus points added.

Fantasy football fix had the top 1k average at 63 if I remember correctly.

I can't remember the average overall think it was 40's maybe 50 something at a push.
    But I don't think FFF factors in subs.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

57(-4).

Finishing on 143k, 2370 points.

That’s my highest ever points total, and worst ever overall finish. Game is getting insanely difficult, there’s so much more help out there now for the casual player. FPL Twitter is really starting to create a hivemind.

macraignil wrote: »
    Finish up on 63 which is predicted to bring me in to the top 400,000 OR. Made a very bad start to the season so HEWT.

Very similar to myself this week and in OR. Due 9 points on bench. I hoping to sneak into the top 300k after subs are added - just looks a bit better on the history page. I think I am on for season high for this year so I will take it.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    57(-4).

Finishing on 143k, 2370 points.

That’s my highest ever points total, and worst ever overall finish. Game is getting insanely difficult, there’s so much more help out there now for the casual player. FPL Twitter is really starting to create a hivemind.

Yeah it is definitely harder. It used to be a lot easier. All fellas have to do not is follow a solid fella on youtube/twitter and they will do well.

I find myself trying to go against the crowd a lot just to be different, invariably it backfires in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Delighted for the Irish lad that looks to have won overall

The Norwegian fella that's been leading for most of this year must be sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Looking like 54 which is a drop from 46k to just under 50k which is disappointing. Dallas losing the clean sheet around the same time as Mane getting his second doing the damage I think. Good season overall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

JIdontknow wrote: »
    You can usually check the bonuses in the fpl app in fixtures and results. Unfortunately it doesn’t have Raphinha down for any bonus.

I think I've won by a point. I was 3 ahead and then he took a -4 this week . I got a scrappy 51. Him 57... I think. I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

59 points, 18k finish, there was definitely a point where I thought I would finish higher than that but I still have to be happy with that and have been fortunate to win 3 big money leagues to ensure that it’s been a fairly profitable season.

Again, it’s been a pleasure of a season with you all and I will probably do Euros fantasy if we’re planning on doing MoneyLeagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭onrail

63 points, 6k overall and scraped the win couple of money league.

Happy enough overall, ****ing hell I'm glad that's over

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

74 points overall strong finish pitty about captain getting very little but im happy I won what I wanted to this season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

61 which leaves me with a final OR of 309,413. It’s been my poorest season in years but seven green arrows out of the last eight weeks has seen me rise from circa 1 million to my final position, so I’m happy enough with that improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Worst season ever. Well over 1m OR. Learned a lot of lessons about patience, going with your gut, and more often than not, going with the herd on obvious transfers/captaincy options.

Looking forward to the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

44 to finish drops me down to 360k overall. Never got into top 300k after finishing 55k last year which was disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

60 sees me finish just inside 9k. My 8th top 10k finish in 11 years, so happy to keep that going.

Won 3 MLs but lost a 4th by a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Trey13

Finishing up at 37k. At the beginning of the season I aimed on finishing top 100k so pleased with how I went.
    My aims were to:
    Keep TAA/VVD +Salah/KDB as sets and forget.
    Avoid points hits at all costs.
    Focus on really getting the most of the captain picks.

In past years I moved away from these and felt like it negatively affected my performance. For me, taking points hits puts massive pressure on you to get instant results. Obviously captain choices are key. I had Trent and Salah for most of the season and reasonably pleased with how that panned out.

Onwards to next season and hopefully I can get closer to the top 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

59 points and finish up at 10,156 OR.

The -4 for Robbo & Mane paid off in spades. My highest ever finish but missed out on my first top 10k finish by 156 places so in proper fantasy football style my head is left absolutely wrecked :pac:

Mad season all in all, I despised how spread out the games were but it provided a welcome distraction from reality at times as (like many!) my business has been closed since December. I'll be glad of the break til August now all the same. Good banter around here this season, so thanks all for that and see you all again in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

finished around 1.2Million ...will take it

onwards and look forward to next season..... roll on August !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Delighted for the Irish lad that looks to have won overall

The Norwegian fella that's been leading for most of this year must be sickened

I know him well, great guy. A real shame he wasn't in any of the money leagues that are usually floating about.

Pulled a 75 out of nowhere today to bring me into the top 75k overall. I was over 3M at Christmas and decided not to bother with it much, scarcely made any transfers and they rewarded me.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

When will these VC points and first sub come in to play, with my captain not playing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I am heartbroken lads. Lost my money league by 15 points.

what cost me? and i have no idea what i was thinking here..
    I took out holding instead of cody for TAA and captained TAA.... Weeks ago i said i was captaining Kun last day of the season. Today i was like TAA, Kun or Mane.

gutted!!!

Advertisement