Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 38 - Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

68 (-4) sees me finish on 44k :)

My highest finish is 39k so a little bummed out I couldn't beat it but overall very pleased with another top 50k finish. Can't wait till next season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I know him well, great guy. A real shame he wasn't in any of the money leagues that are usually floating about.

Any idea how much research he does each week? Always been curious how the lads at the top go about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

82 All out. Absolutely delighted finished 1,200 OR. Captained Mane as I was behind in a money league. Great finish to the season after a dodgy few weeks. Must say the last day is just bloody epic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I know him well, great guy. A real shame he wasn't in any of the money leagues that are usually floating about.

Any idea how much research he does each week? Always been curious how the lads at the top go about it.

Didn't seem to have a great year on year record, but it's a fair achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Finished on 69(-4)....took a hit to bring Mane in but didn't have the cojones to captain him.

HEWT overall....will finish around 25K on 2,457 points after a shortlived flirtation with the Top 10K.

Will win the main work league and a more lucrative work one as well, but second again in main money league. May also scrape into promotion spaces from FSA League 1 :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

No idea, but he is a meticulous planner and was doing shift work with plenty of long boring nights for the last year or so. Looks like he used it wisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No idea, but he is a meticulous planner and was doing shift work with plenty of long boring nights for the last year or so. Looks like he used it wisely.

Honestly, it’s unreal stuff for him. No matter what he finishes at in the next 10 years he will always have a number 1 in FPL on his CV. Will any of us ever achieve it? Imagine the excitement on here if a regular poster was to do it (or even for us to believe it was likely, in the way that the Ola Hovde guy had it for the year).

The mad thing that seems repeatable each year is that it tends to be people without a tonne of top 1% finishes. Don’t know if that’s pure coincidence or down to a variance from the template.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    59 points, 18k finish, there was definitely a point where I thought I would finish higher than that but I still have to be happy with that and have been fortunate to win 3 big money leagues to ensure that it’s been a fairly profitable season.

Again, it’s been a pleasure of a season with you all and I will probably do Euros fantasy if we’re planning on doing MoneyLeagues.

I see you won a big league I'm in congrats. I got fifth in it so got my money back.
    53 points today for me and a 54k finish glad it's over. Hopefully we are back to 6 or 7 games kicking off at 3 on a sat next year. I hated the way the games were spaced out this year.

I see you won a big league I'm in congrats. I got fifth in it so got my money back.
    53 points today for me and a 54k finish glad it's over. Hopefully we are back to 6 or 7 games kicking off at 3 on a sat next year. I hated the way the games were spaced out this year.

Yeah, I won’t lie to you, I was more stressed about that league in the last 20 mins of the games than I was the Villa game.

1000 euro is the most I’ve ever won from one league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

A follow on from my post last week! My OR the last few weeks,so stagnant:

GW34 - 77k
    GW35 - 78k
    GW36 - 76k
    GW37 - 78k
    GW38 - 75k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

And it begins, second place in one of my money leagues, text the guy who organized it, told me only FIVE people out of 30 actually paid. That crap grinds my gears to no end. Dont pay, get kicked out after gw2. Same old crap.

And it begins, second place in one of my money leagues, text the guy who organized it, told me only FIVE people out of 30 actually paid. That crap grinds my gears to no end. Dont pay, get kicked out after gw2. Same old crap.

That feels like something that is on the organiser really. I run a fair few leagues on here and not a single person has gotten beyond a gameweek without having paid up. Generally the sorts on here, are not the kind you would fear not paying up, but still, that shouldn’t be something you find out on the last day.

qwabercd wrote: »

GW34 - 77k
    GW35 - 78k
    GW36 - 76k
    GW37 - 78k
    GW38 - 75k

I read that first and thought it was your ranks from the last 5 seasons haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That guy should give up "organising" leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

61 to finish the season for me. Final rank of 55k. I had never seen a season through, first time I have put in the effort. My highest previous rank is 2 million or something. Was in 2 Money leagues which kept me interested and won them both.
    Was really tight for one and bales two goals swung it. Unreal drama, loved it. Was in some illustrious company so I'm buzzing to have won out.

Will be back next season, but I won't do Euros. Will have a break and just enjoy the football for the Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    61 to finish the season for me. Final rank of 55k. I had never seen a season through, first time I have put in the effort. My highest previous rank is 2 million or something. Was in 2 Money leagues which kept me interested and won them both.
    Was really tight for one and bales two goals swung it. Unreal drama, loved it. Was in some illustrious company so I'm buzzing to have won out.

Will be back next season, but I won't do Euros. Will have a break and just enjoy the football for the Euros.

Have to say fair play to anyone who did the leftfield moves like Bale, Aguero or Mane captain today, it really paid off. Was looking at the two teams overall in the world and both of them captained Mane which was huge, that was some ballsy move when the entire herd went for Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

I finished number one in all my Leagues and won all the money cuase I'm the best.
    I asked where there more leagues but they said I completed all them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have to say fair play to anyone who did the leftfield moves like Bale, Aguero or Mane captain today, it really paid off. Was looking at the two teams overall in the world and both of them captained Mane which was huge, that was some ballsy move when the entire herd went for Salah

I didn't captain Bale, I protected myself hahaha. Was thinking about that earlier too, and I think if you are up there, it might be the only time, you have to go for it. Fair play to them all the same. Delighted to see an Irish lad win it, can't help feeling sorry for the Norwegian who lead for so long as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

dockysher wrote: »
    I finished number one in all my Leagues and won all the money cuase I'm the best.
    I asked where there more leagues but they said I completed all them
    Michael coone is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

Darksoul wrote: »

Yes 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

68(-8)
    -8 was Aguero, Allison and Willock(36pts) in for Jota, Vardy and Meslier(19pts(including Salah(C))), giving me a +9 if I counted it right.

Would have captained Salah if I wasn't taking a chance on Aguero.

Finished in the top 813.3K.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

Darksoul wrote: »

When Michael Coone saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah, I won’t lie to you, I was more stressed about that league in the last 20 mins of the games than I was the Villa game.

1000 euro is the most I’ve ever won from one league.

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Muahahaha wrote: »

I jumped from 2,600 odd to 1,200 with Mane captain. I think Salah EO was 187% when I checked beforehand with 90% of top 10k captaining him. TBH I would have captained Salah but I was a few points behind in a money league so had to go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

"Previously on FSA League One":
    My goose is well and truly cooked after a draw. Sitting in 19th place and require 2 wins and a miracle (or my good friend "default" to survive another season. I've been the Everton of league one.... until now!

And today....
    *The Great Escape music plays as Mr.P speeds away from his captors in the relegation zone*

2 wins. A miracle. Finished 16th and 2 points clear of 18th. Boom.

It may not be much to show from a horror half season, but at least I've secured League One for yet another season :)

34eewo.jpg

260k when all is said and done. Fell off a cliff having actually reached 97k in early January, so much that I was at 526k in GW34. Pulled my finger out to finish strong and not go into the break and next season with utter contempt for the game :pac:

Most importantly, farewell to Sergio and thanks for all of the goals, especially the 2 yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭elefant

Benimar wrote: »
    My 8th top 10k finish in 11 years, so happy to keep that going.

That's amazing going!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,825 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

but1er wrote: »
    I am heartbroken lads. Lost my money league by 15 points.

what cost me? and i have no idea what i was thinking here..
    I took out holding instead of cody for TAA and captained TAA.... Weeks ago i said i was captaining Kun last day of the season. Today i was like TAA, Kun or Mane.

gutted!!!

I know it probably sounds a bit mad. But when I was competitive in mini leagues (not this year) I used to write down my plans for the upcoming game weeks.

In small blocks of gameweeks. Captain logic, fixtures form, which players are under the radar lively picks as call them.
    Sort of helps remember the thought process I have before I make the transfer.

In your situation that type of thing might have helped to reason it out. Not saying you would have picked the 'right' one. But it would at least have helped you reason it out a bit more and feel less annoyed about it if it did go wrong.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

qwabercd wrote: »

GW34 - 77k
    GW35 - 78k
    GW36 - 76k
    GW37 - 78k
    GW38 - 75k

Other way of looking at it consistency!

Very similar to myself this week and in OR. Due 9 points on bench. I hoping to sneak into the top 300k after subs are added - just looks a bit better on the history page. I think I am on for season high for this year so I will take it.

Turns out the sub points were counted so the post of mind above is 'fake news'

Ended up with a slight red arrow and got 53 points - 458K,
    No season high for the year 37 points off 300k.

149 points off 50k (which I has notions of pre season) I was never in an asses roar of that.

Targets will be set lower next season 250k I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Listening to Michael here on Today FM, the overall winner from Ireland. Sounds like the last minute WBA goal was the deciding factor, which is mad, with 2nd having Dallas CS + 2 bps which got wiped out.

Advertisement