Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 38 - Matchday Thread

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Fitz* wrote: »
    Listening to Michael here on Today FM, the overall winner from Ireland. Sounds like the last minute WBA goal was the deciding factor, which is mad, with 2nd having Dallas CS + 2 bps which got wiped out.

Feels very harsh for number 2, was such a ****ty goal!

Managed to hold on to healthy leads in my two money mini-leagues I was leading, but was much closer than it should have been. Almost had a 20pt and 34pt lead overturned with the Mane punt coming off for those playing a hail mary.

I avoided the scores yesterday and watched MOTD oblivious to what had happened. Was great fun and drama trying to calculate all the permutations watching all the goals come in. Would highly recommend it, and I think I'll be trying to do that more next year in cases where I'mn ot watching full games. Contains all your FF to just an hour or two instead of spending all day looking for updates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭onrail

Fitz* wrote: »
    Listening to Michael here on Today FM, the overall winner from Ireland. Sounds like the last minute WBA goal was the deciding factor, which is mad, with 2nd having Dallas CS + 2 bps which got wiped out.

Can anyone find a podcast or whatever with the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Morzadec wrote: »
    Feels very harsh for number 2, was such a ****ty goal!

Managed to hold on to healthy leads in my two money mini-leagues I was leading, but was much closer than it should have been. Almost had a 20pt and 34pt lead overturned with the Mane punt coming off for those playing a hail mary.

I avoided the scores yesterday and watched MOTD oblivious to what had happened. Was great fun and drama trying to calculate all the permutations watching all the goals come in. Would highly recommend it, and I think I'll be trying to do that more next year in cases where I'mn ot watching full games. Contains all your FF to just an hour or two instead of spending all day looking for updates

Some of us enjoy the misery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

onrail wrote: »
    Can anyone find a podcast or whatever with the interview?

Can't find an interview with him but here's an article where he talks about his FPL season and also why he called his team Teddy Bears Utd.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/irishman-wins-premier-league-fantasy-football-with-daring-last-day-team-selection-228401

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Can't find an interview with him but here's an article where he talks about his FPL season and also why he called his team Teddy Bears Utd.

He was on OTB AM this morning, didn't hear it all but there's a podcast up for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its on this page, just listened to it there
    https://www.todayfm.com/podcasts/dermot-dave/meet-the-irish-fantasy-football-champion-beating-over-8-million-players?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1621872488-1

He said the Norwegian guy who was top for 24 weeks finished 10th in the end.I think he went into the final day depending on United players who then got rested

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its on this page, just listened to it there
    https://www.todayfm.com/podcasts/dermot-dave/meet-the-irish-fantasy-football-champion-beating-over-8-million-players?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1621872488-1

He said the Norwegian guy who was top for 24 weeks finished 10th in the end.I think he went into the final day depending on United players who then got rested

Imagine finishing 10th in this game and still being plagued forever by what could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »
    Imagine finishing 10th in this game and still being plagued forever by what could have been.

Would you prefer to be 1st and fall to 10th on the last GW, or to be 100th and to finish 10th.

Like to show that you were 1st at any stage would be some achievement.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Would you prefer to be 1st and fall to 10th on the last GW, or to be 100th and to finish 10th.

Like to show that you were 1st at any stage would be some achievement.
    Its more how long he was 1st for. In his case I would prefer the latter.

Its more how long he was 1st for. In his case I would prefer the latter.

Ha i know crazy how he went the distance though -he was number 1 for 22 GW's. mental

• Advertisement

Ha i know crazy how he went the distance though -he was number 1 for 22 GW's. mental

Yeah I don’t think I could handle being number 1 for 22 GWs including going into GW38 and dropping to 10th on the last day.

He has had an unreal year and probably won some good money if he’s properly invested but I dunno, I’d still be having flashbacks decades later.

Yeah I don’t think I could handle being number 1 for 22 GWs including going into GW38 and dropping to 10th on the last day.

He has had an unreal year and probably won some good money if he’s properly invested but I dunno, I’d still be having flashbacks decades later.

haha yea

He got screwed over with no keeper as well. When EfTel(?) came 8th was he ever 1st, or did he come from the pack?

haha yea

He got screwed over with no keeper as well. When EfTel(?) came 8th was he ever 1st, or did he come from the pack?

Jesus, that’s a story I want to hear from the man himself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

When EfTel(?) came 8th was he ever 1st, or did he come from the pack?

From what I remember, he was never first at any stage but was in the Top 100 for a fair few weeks

An amazing achievement....I got a nosebleed this year in GW32 when I got to 12K :-)

I think the winner that year was a good bit ahead of the pack for the last few weeks.

Advertisement