Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A difficult entrance

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Breezin wrote: »

I would need to cut off the bike's left peg and my own.

Cutting off your own peg? What?
    Bit extreme, no? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Breezin

Cutting off your own peg? What?
    Bit extreme, no? :D

Well that was sort of the point. But I think you might be afflicted by pecker-peg confusion? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Well that was sort of the point. But I think you might be afflicted by pecker-peg confusion? :pac:

Ahh! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

I used this guy

http://www.qualitygatesireland.com/

I got a metal framed gate with hardwood panels, made to measure, solid, looks great, but wasn't cheap.

colm_c wrote: »
    I used this guy

http://www.qualitygatesireland.com/

I got a metal framed gate with hardwood panels, made to measure, solid, looks great, but wasn't cheap.

Cheers. Getting some quotes now for cheap and cheerful temp solution. Longer term the whole thing is coming down for a full width entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Cheers. Getting some quotes now for cheap and cheerful temp solution. Longer term the whole thing is coming down for a full width entrance.

Can you hang the gate on the opposite side and set it up to open outwards? That should give you all the clearance you need once you get through the entrance as the gate itself won't be restricting your bars.

Vikings wrote: »
    Can you hang the gate on the opposite side and set it up to open outwards? That should give you all the clearance you need once you get through the entrance as the gate itself won't be restricting your bars.

Hadn't thought of that. Worth investigating!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Do you need a gate at all..?

Do you need a gate at all..?
    Absolutely. House backs onto street, so needs security.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Absolutely. House backs onto street, so needs security.

I was thinking a square box section that could be secured on the inside of a pillar and swung open ....

• Advertisement

Hadn't thought of that. Worth investigating!

For extra clearance at the pinch point you can cut out a foot or so of the gate stop portion opposite the gate post that the gate is mounted to. I'll see if I can dig up a photo of my old gate where I had it done

Here's one if you can make it out. Gave extra clearance at bar height as the bike squeezed through the entrance.

Vikings wrote: »
    Here's one if you can make it out. Gave extra clearance at bar height as the bike squeezed through the entrance.
    That's not a bad idea at all! :)

Advertisement