Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: Thank you for your patients. Mod Warning: OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I've heard about it, not experienced it directly myself.
    Thou doth insist much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭shearforce

"eventually after an hour or two I told her"

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Lovely sunny day, just switched on for a sec and the discussion was about dead children (obviously)
    Switched off sharpish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Del.Monte wrote: »
    How long was he underwater - half an hour or so? :confused:

Jacques Cousteau spinning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Furze99 wrote: »
    Must have been a long way out??

I think he's saying the strong current was the big problem.

" Standing on de wings of angels" sounds like a thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

WOW.

An official miracle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Maybe he was standing on someone else :)

As white as TEN sheets, no less

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

De bowlders were tryin to get away from him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

No disrespect to the importance of the topics being discussed but is this the week everyone is trying to have their 15 mins of fame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

15:00 already
    Get Out!

worst story ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Katie has gone way down in my estimation, to say "wow" when he said he must have been standing on the wings of angels, and that imaginary boulders appeared to save him .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

And to summarise the last 2 days, if I get into danger swimming I'll always be rescued?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

shearforce wrote: »
    worst story ever

i pity the barman of his local

Maybe •tomorrow• the topic which my cousin emailed in with, the subject of her 90 year old mother, my aunt, in hospital without due basic attention (due to lack of visitation and apparent lack of staff) will be covered, as it was mentioned in the promo today.

I think I will start an online course in "How not to sound boring on de radio".

And it was 50 fcukin' years ago!

Imagine the number of people he's been boring to death in his taxi, down the decades, with that nonsense.

yeah i was thinking he's probably a taxi driver and told this story countless times...he had the tale polished and it was good at one stage for maybe a month but he kept on fixing it to get it perfect and he ends up with that garbled mess

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    i pity the barman of his local

Barman thinking to himself ;"oh sh1te Michael's on his fifth pint, here it comes"

Michael; "did I ever tell you about the time I was at the beach in donabate..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The two mothers of the kids who got into trouble in the water really annoyed me earlier.

They blamed everybody and failed to look in the mirror.

The facts are that they went to a beach they didn't have local knowledge of where there was no lifeguard on duty.

They allowed their children to go into the water on their own while they sat above on the beach.

But everybody else was to blame.

The council were to blame cos they didn't see the warning signs. The council have now said they will put up additional signage (I await the call to Liveline in a few months giving out about the plethora of yellow and black warning signs ruining scenic areas around the country - Joe will agree that its a disgrace).

The council were to blame cos there was no lifeguards on duty - fair enough, given the weather they should have had the resources allocated.

The council were to blame cos there was no red flag flying. The woman doesn't realise that the red flag means there ARE lifeguards are on duty but it is NOT safe to swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

BPKS wrote: »
    The two mothers of the kids who got into trouble in the water really annoyed me earlier.

The facts are that they went to a beach they didn't have local knowledge of where there was no lifeguard on duty.

They allowed their children to go into the water on their own while they sat above on the beach.

The council were to blame cos they didn't see the warning signs. The council have now said they will put up additional signage (I await the call to Liveline in a few months giving out about the plethora of yellow and black warning signs ruining scenic areas around the country - Joe will agree that its a disgrace).

The council were to blame cos there was no lifeguards on duty - fair enough, given the weather they should have had the resources allocated.

The council were to blame cos there was no red flag flying. The woman doesn't realise that the red flag means there ARE lifeguards are on duty but it is NOT safe to swim.
    Tis a prevalent enough thought process in this country, blame everyone but yersel, a symptom of the creeping infantilisation of many of the citizens of the new Republic... An awful shortage of mirrors here

Maybe •tomorrow• the topic which my cousin emailed in with, the subject of her 90 year old mother, my aunt, in hospital without due basic attention (due to lack of visitation and apparent lack of staff) will be covered, as it was mentioned in the promo today.

It seems a common trait of LL to mention subjects in the promos, then never cover them in the show itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I think I will start an online course in "How not to sound boring on de radio".

Ya but, you'll be cut off before you get the chance to ask about the presenter's leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Fence needs to be put around the sea Joe
    A Fence elmo
    A Fence Joe
    Ah now!

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    It seems a common trait of LL to mention subjects in the promos, then never cover them in the show itself.

They do be phishing for calls, caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Oddly, she never said why he and her partner /hubby/ boyfriend legged it asap, and not a word of thanks at the time.
    Today's call was to make up for that and not shed too much light on their behaviour immediately after the event.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

zell12 wrote: »
    If they'd closed the beach, this one would've knocked down the barrier with entitlement

"Joe, why was the barrier so small? It was too easy to climb over"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Wash your hands
    While we are on our knees
    Was you hands
    With ur 400,000 fees

Wash your face
    Can't leave this place
    Was your face
    Integrity? Not a trace

Wash your ears
    To allay the fears
    Wash your ears
    To hear his sneers

Wash your mouth out
    Rtes pitbull in lout
    Wash your mouth out
    De leg Joe mb some gout

Today...

My aunt's story (the 90 year old mentioned on yesterday's promo-I wrote the email) that prompted more calls about elderly in hospitals.

Buzzzzzzards

Something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

On todays Liveline with Katie....

• Not being let visit close family in hospital. Katie is adamant to cover this topic as it was missed last Monday.

• Revenge of the killer buzzards of Louth. More on this.....

• Can we fix it? No you can't! A builder needs his Safepass but he can't get to renew it.

• Rude people on the buses; what's going on?

tumblr_m5mcflILP01qfeknio1_500.gif

All on board from 1:45. Leap and Golden passes accepted.

And the story of the thousands who came from mayo and Donegal to march in the capital yesterday is neatly forgotten and brushed under the carpet.

But sure when there are bigger stories to cover ......

And the story of the thousands who came from mayo and Donegal to march in the capital yesterday is neatly forgotten and brushed under the carpet.

I was appalled looking at it on Primetime last night, heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

The mother of that child that died in Malaysia is quite impressive there on news@one

The mother of that child that died in Malaysia is quite impressive there on news@one

Incredible woman and her husband seems likewise.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886c30c93945e3b832be61f6caefcc1ee5868db5caa&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

At least they have been looking after him properly, it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

They're fecked now anyway because even if they did cover it, they'd get an earful from every caller for ignoring it for so long.

They don't look after basic needs in hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

“He can’t understand what the problem is”?

• Advertisement

back to business here

Unfair? FFS, Joe did all this shyt-stirring months ago.

if he has had covid in the last few months , why not left in to see him ?

maybe to do with other patients in the hospital not wanting to catch it and die from the various visitors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Tears!…………….bonus points for Katie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Roger_007 wrote: »
    “He can’t understand what the problem is”?

Caller got covid so he sent his family to see the uncle who then mysteriously got covid

If you are in hospital and don't have an advocate who can keep an eye on you, you are fcuked. The staff won't help you communicate, they won't wash you, help to to the toilet, feed you, give you tea.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Tears!…………….bonus points for Katie?

extra few quid in the wage packet Friday, bit like a striker on a scoring bonus

Caller got covid so he sent his family to see the uncle who then mysteriously got covid

It's a mystery, sure enough.

74 , only seen a television for the first time in hospital , never seen modern technology before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

He didnt give this man a call and tell him this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement