Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Granny jailed for refusing to wear a face mask

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I hear she roared that rage against the machine song while being hauled off

Wibbs wrote: »
    I seem to recall other similar stories involving distressed children as an attempt at heartstrings tugging.

Still waiting for the army to be guarding shops because the supply chain was going to collapse inside a few weeks based on the secret whatsapp retailers group that they are a member of.

Also still waiting to hear about the shoot out that they were going to have with the guards when they gave them an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

GT89 wrote: »
    There are exemptions to wearing masks. It seems certain businesses and members of An Garda Siochana won't recognise this. Refusing someone for not wearing a mask is like refusing someone with a guide dog. It is discrimination.

She was asked by the manager if she had a medical exemption and her response was to hurl abuse at him.

She went out of her way to end up in this situation, all she had to say to the question was yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sorry, you may have missed my question. How do you know for a fact that this girl had mental health issues, per your original post on this point, that you used to enforce your need to not wear a mask?

She had a carer/minder leading, her speech was off tempo and was physically distressed in the situation. I haven't seen that happen before but it upset me how cruel she was being to her. She's exactly the reason people are entitled to not wear them, I'm sorry I didn't butt in and help her, she was being bullied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

She had a carer/minder leading, her speech was off tempo and was physically distressed in the situation. I haven't seen that happen before but it upset me how cruel she was being to her. She's exactly the reason people are entitled to not wear them, I'm sorry I didn't butt in and help her, she was being bullied.

Tell me this dm, have you ever made a point that you couldn't create an anecdote to support?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

I work as a carer.You haven't a f ucking notion what was going on between this service user and carer.You don't know the dynamics of their relationship or why that girl was distressed (or appeared distressed to you)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Direct risk to public health of the population does not equal "I'm not going to serve x because they are y" as much as folks with that kind of argument would like it to be.

That’s not what the poster I replied to said.

G’dluck

Was this on the same week as the shop worker had a breakdown and spat at you? You have a story for every moment and it makes you less and less believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Your made up story has a major flaw.

Let's pretend it's real to humour your imagination.
    The issue here is not mask wearing the issue here is the carer.
    Exemptions exist for people with medical issues such as this made up scenario which a carer would/should be fully aware over a year into this pandemic.

Was this on the same week as the shop worker had a breakdown and spat at you? You have a story for every moment and it makes you less and less believable.

It was the customer and I have the CCTV of the incident incase something ever comes of it outside work, he's way bigger than me.

• Advertisement

Your made up story has a major flaw.

Let's pretend it's real to humour your imagination.
    The issue here is not mask wearing the issue here is the carer.
    Exemptions exist for people with medical issues such as this made up scenario which a carer would/should be fully aware over a year into this pandemic.

Of course the carer was the issue, hence I wanted to jump in when the girl was being bullied.

It's not made up, still on a hard drive in sports direct it was only last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,747 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'd say he could make crossing the road sound like an M Knight Shamalyan movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,232 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

She will also appear in court in relation to other similar charges on June 14th

Poor Granny.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Jequ0n wrote: »
    I hear she roared that rage against the machine song while being hauled off

hope she roared the riff also, its nothing without the riff!

Not sure how many shops you've been in the vast majority I see the staff are behind perspex, most due to their age profile are not at risk of death and I'd guess the majority of staff or customers wouldn't be wearing a face covering if it wasn't mandated with the threat of incarceration or court appearance.

Does it still need to be said, 15 months later, that wearing a mask is not to prevent the wearer from being infected, but to prevent transmission? There is no age profile on transmission.
    Healthy people should not be going to jail for not wearing a face covering on any planet.

"Healthy" people can still be pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic and transmit the virus. Yet you know this.

We are still getting new cases in three figures daily. So transmission is still happening. It's not time to remove masks yet.

There was an article last night that one dose of the vaccines are only 33% effective against the new Indian variant. They only reach 87% effective only after the second dose. While many have had one dose, not enough have had two yet.

When can we remove them, I've yet to hear anyone say?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

This thread is in the wrong forum; and there is a mask thread already in the COVID forum. I suggest you discuss this there.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058111744

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement