Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best online Cyber Education

Options
  • 23-05-2021 9:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

I am looking to change careers. Just wondering as a start I want to do online courses in Cyber. This will be over the next few months and plan then to do a night course in September. Just wondering if any good ones?

https://www.udemy.com/
    Is that any good? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

'Cyber' is a huge area, the best course is going to depend completely on which part of InfoSec you are interested in. You'll first need to figure out which of defense, offense, forensics, architecture, engineering, auditing, governance, privacy etc. sounds most interesting to you.

You can't go wrong with Cybrary

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

ineedeuro wrote: »
    I am looking to change careers. Just wondering as a start I want to do online courses in Cyber.
    Your first task, before you take any courses, is to learn to listen to people who know about the subject and read what they write.

It is, as Blowfish has pointed out, a wide field. Trying to learn everything about may be futile but you need a good grounding in the field. Online courses may provide an introduction. I think that there are some courses (certificate and MSc level) available from Irish universities and colleges. With the HSE compromise, it would not be unthinkable to see some of them promoting their own courses in the field.

Regards...jmcc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

You can't go wrong with Cybrary

Cheers mate!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Both Cybrary and udemy have both good and bad courses.
    Research them before you purchase. I have bought great courses on both platforms, and I've had negative experiences on both.

• Advertisement
Advertisement