Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GIRO D'ITALIA - STAGE 16 SACILE-CORTINA D’AMPEZZO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭lissard

Pictures lost FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I hate using phrases like this but the TV coverage is pretty disgraceful. The weather isn’t *that* bad

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Bernal smashing it and no pictures lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Bernal putting the boot in. Just needs to be careful on descent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

There using 4g technology to get the pictures at the moment :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Boring giro sadly very few memorable stages, Landa or Yates were always going to be Bernals only real threats , Landa crashing was the day my heart sank for a good GC battle.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I give up on this. I’ll read the result.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Dodge wrote: »
    I hate using phrases like this but the TV coverage is pretty disgraceful. The weather isn’t *that* bad

You're confident that they could get the choppers up without any danger to anyone. Good man.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Seems it was EF's turn to pull for Ineos today.

Itziger wrote: »
    You're confident that they could get the choppers up without any danger to anyone. Good man.

I’m confident that every other race can transmit pictures from the bikes. Romandy weather was awful and no issues

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The main factor is the airplane that the bikes transmit to wasn't allowed to take off. Unfortunate but these things happen. Doesn't change the fact that this has been a disappointing Giro considering how much I was looking forward to it and looks like all of Bernal's rivals will be in 20+ man breaks for the rest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭lissard

I've really had my fill of watching the finsh line. Maybe the highlights package will be a bit more coherent. If it's based on the broadcast material it will be pretty short.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I’m confident that every other race can transmit pictures from the bikes. Romandy weather was awful and no issues

No plane to beam images up to either.

This is why I don’t like using words like disgraceful. There’s usually loads of reasons why it’s not

But it’s so disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I feel for Rob Hatch. Sean Kelly wouldn't be the greatest for a time filler. They should have Dan Lloyd, Brad Wiggins and the other person jumping in every 5 mins or so.

I feel for Rob Hatch. Sean Kelly wouldn't be the greatest for a time filler. They should have Dan Lloyd, Brad Wiggins and the other person jumping in every 5 mins or so.

And Lloyd is usually tuned in to social media so he might be getting updates from the teams etc

I mentioned the cuts to coverage earlier in the race, seems to always be an issue in Italian races.

Eurosport doing it's buffering thing on me too, predictable really seeing as they have the Tennis starting today. Always an issue when they have two big events on at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

You'd imagine that the pictures would be back this far down off the peak

What about Dan, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Toyota must be delighted. Its been a 30 minute ad for Rav-4s

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

If the organisers and motorbike riders had got the Covid vaccine then they would be able to provide TV pictures using 5G :D

the way the cameras are going i wouldnt be surprised if we dont see the finish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

neris wrote: »
    the way the cameras are going i wouldnt be surprised if we dont see the finish

Pretty pathetic coverage, about to pass the 1km and not a sign of anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

If the organisers and motorbike riders had got the Covid vaccine then they would be able to provide TV pictures using 5G :D

Only if they are using a Microsoft platform.

About to find out, but yeah. Touch and go, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Bernal looked like he'd been in the Ineos bus for the last hour. Fix lads :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭De Bhál

We saw as much as those on the line today.

That was a pile of crap and can't see anything changing on GC over the next few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Bernal on fire.

Advertisement