If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UST projector and screen recommendation

Options
  • 23-05-2021 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

i have a short viewing distance and so a regular projector will not help. i did some research and a UST could help me. but i see none of the UST are real 4K projectors. any suggestions for 4k UST projectors?
    also need a screen for this? 
    also should the screen be 16:9 or 2.35:1?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

i have a short viewing distance and so a regular projector will not help. i did some research and a UST could help me. but i see none of the UST are real 4K projectors. any suggestions for 4k UST projectors?
    also need a screen for this? 
    also should the screen be 16:9 or 2.35:1?
    Hey Bittihuduga.

Thanks for the post.

You could have a check over the Optoma UHZ65UST cming in at 3799 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13840-optoma-uhz65ust-laser-dlp-4k-uhd-hdr-3d-ultra-short-throw-projector.aspx

LG have their BU50NST coming in at 2475 Euro (Special Order).
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/projectors/short-throw-projectors/lg-bu50nst.html

LG also have the HU80KSW coming in at 2369 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204511-lg-hu80ksw-white-laser-dlp-projector-4k-hd-ready.aspx

For the screen how large are you wanting to go?

For 106" there is the Sapphire SWS240wsf priced at 319 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202659-sapphire-sws240wsf-asr2-106-inch-projector-screen.aspx

Going up to 122" there is the Sapphire SWS270wsf priced at 399 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-205195-sapphire-sws270wsf-asr2-122-inch-projector-screen.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks kenny for response.
    i will check out the difference between those UST and get back to you
    i had bought yamaha rxa1050 and monitor audio silver package from you.
    i may need atmos speakers to go with it.
    probably some ceiling speaker should be sufficient

with pj screen, i want to go bigger so 122" should be nice :-)
    do you have team in dublin for installations and wiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭lionmqj

Don't want to butt in, <Snipped by Mod>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

@lionmqj,

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum - queries here are for RS to answer, opinion/advice from Boardies is not appropriate here:
    • As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.
    • If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion. Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.
    • If you have an opinion on some matter related to the items that Richersounds sells, or you wish to give people the benefit of your advice on some related issue, Please do not post it in this forum. There are other fora on Boards in the Tech section on Home Entertainment or TV related topics, or in the Consumer fora, which are suitable locations for endowing Boardies with the benefit of any advice or opinion you wish to offer. Bearing in mind the purpose of this forum, posts along the lines described here are not appropriate and will be suitably snipped or deleted without warning. This approach is taken to ensure the workability of this particular forum and to ensure that general advice and discursive posts are made in the appropriate forum. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.
    [*]

If you have any queries about the Charter feel free to ask me about it in a PM. please do not post on this thread again.

If you have a query for Richersounds, or you're looking for a quote or a deal, you are very welcome to open a thread of your own and post away.

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Bittihuduga.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Glad to hear the RXA1050 and Silvers are still going strong :)

For some in-ceiling Atmos speakers you could check out the Monitor Audio C165 priced at 149 Euro each
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202897-monitor-audio-c165-in-ceiling-speaker-each.aspx

I could offer the two of them for 220 Euro delivered.

We don't have any of our own installers in the Dublin area but we do have a few that we recommend to carry out installs within the Dublin area.
    I can PM you their details when required and you can drop them an email to see if they are available.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks guys for the info. will confirm the order soon 

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

thanks guys for the info. will confirm the order soon 
    No problem at all bittihuduga, keep us posted!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.