Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trabolgan

• 24-05-2021 12:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Myself and the family are heading to Trabolgan for four days starting on the 18th of June. Was originally booked for the 4th but they aren't open until the 18th.
    Can anyone give me tips on what to do OUTSIDE Trabolgan?
    I have Farmgate in Midleton booked for the Saturday night but am thinking of going into Youghal on the Sunday so restaurant ideas would be welcome.
    We have a 9 year old and a 14 year old that love being active so ideas on what they can do would be welcome. They will be making use of all the available activities in Trabolgan.

Recommendations on pubs in Midleton would be welcome too, especially one that does a good pint of guinness

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Some decent beaches down that way (Inch), and there is rostellan woods too. In terms of getting into Cork (city) its all a bit remote and you are better off sticking to Midleton/Youghal, and I would browse through ballycotton too.

Cobh is another option too, and Fota zoo / Fota house is open also. Great Island itself is actually a nice drive to do a loop of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Leahy's farm is quite good for those age groups, and is outside midelton. Fota is always a fab option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Recommendations on pubs in Midleton would be welcome too, especially one that does a good pint of guinness

recommendation would be to drink Beamish or Murphys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

silly wrote: »
    Leahy's farm is quite good for those age groups, and is outside midelton.

Second this - our kids are much smaller, but loved it.

Advertisement