Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallagh crack houses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/sex-demanded-for-drugs-as-over-100-crack-houses-identified-in-tallaght-area-40457719.html

Imagine buying a home for you and your family and discovering your next door to a crack house. Surely the Gardai must know where these are , why aren't they shut down ?

Anyone looking to purchase a property in Tallaght will now have to be on the look out for such property. If there are over 100 in the area there's a good chance one could be near by.

P.s. left off the T in tallaght . Can change it. Mods perhaps.can ?

I think you can get pyrite remediation done and that should take care of the cracked houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/sex-demanded-for-drugs-as-over-100-crack-houses-identified-in-tallaght-area-40457719.html

Imagine buying a home for you and your family and discovering your next door to a crack house. Surely the Gardai must know where these are , why aren't they shut down ?

Anyone looking to purchase a property in Tallaght will now have to be on the look out for such property. If there are over 100 in the area there's a good chance one could be near by.

It's a bit click bate, in any modern urban society in the western world there are drugs.

I live in the most quintessential middle-class area and a few weeks ago I passed some young lads openly smoking weed as they walked around the area,
    there is a myth that middle-class areas are bathed in a golden light and there is little to no drugs or anti-social issue, that the teens are different just because they are middle class it might not be as bad or as obvious in some areas but its everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

mariaalice wrote: »
    It's a bit click bate, in any modern urban society in the western world there are drugs.

I live in the most quintessential middle-class area and a few weeks ago I passed some young lads openly smoking weed as they walked around the area,
    there is a myth that middle-class areas are bathed in a golden light and there is little to no drugs or anti-social issue, that the teens are different just because they are middle class it might not be as bad or as obvious in some areas but its everywhere.

Very middle class to equate a few young lads smoking a joint to a crack den indeed

Very middle class to equate a few young lads smoking a joint to a crack den indeed

No of course not, but the point is expecting that it only happens in Tallagh and that somehow there are some mythical areas where it's all perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Crack cocaine v weed. Totally different drug totally different bodily responses and addiction level

• Advertisement

No of course not, but the point is expecting that it only happens in Tallagh and that somehow there are some mythical areas where it's all perfect.

again, making out that someone smoking a joint in a "middle class area" has the slightest - even remote connection - to a crack house is the very epitome of clueless & classist.

again, making out that someone smoking a joint in a "middle class area" has the slightest - even remote connection - to a crack house is the very epitome of clueless & classist.

Its from listing to all the talking heads on a property :P, of course, the issue in and of themselves are not connected but it's a continuum.

I have a very animated discussion with someone recently about the general point but they are utterly convinced that buying in a middle-class area is the holy grail of parenting and that somehow the teenagers in the area will be different everything will be bathed in a golden light and they cling very tightly to this myth, I would say like a lot of things it is a coping mechanism for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Very amusing to think there is no heroin use in the very salubrious areas of Dublin.

Hint. There is, alot .

And crack too.

listermint wrote: »
    Very amusing to think there is no heroin use in the very salubrious areas of Dublin.

Hint. There is, alot .

And crack too.

Oh damn right there is, drug use is pretty uniform across all populations, but I suspect there are fewer overt crack houses in the leafy zones

Oh damn right there is, drug use is pretty uniform across all populations, but I suspect there are fewer overt crack houses in the leafy zones

Nice to stick in overt. I don't think overt or not matters. There is drug houses everywhere. Being less overt doesn't make it any less drug house.

Alas the independent is a click bait sham organisation not on Dub live levels but heading that way.

'you could be living next door to drugs and you wouldn't even know it' shocker

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Nice to stick in overt. I don't think overt or not matters. There is drug houses everywhere. Being less overt doesn't make it any less drug house.

Alas the independent is a click bait sham organisation not on Dub live levels but heading that way.

'you could be living next door to drugs and you wouldn't even know it' shocker

I agree the article is horse manure...

It does matter - when you are responding to a poster who is basically saying:

"Oh, not sure why anyone's complaining about crackhouses in tallaght, sure I saw a group of younglads smoking weed in -insert posh area-, there are drugs everywhere"

I agree the article is horse manure...

It does matter - when you are responding to a poster who is basically saying:

"Oh, not sure why anyone's complaining about crackhouses in tallaght, sure I saw a group of younglads smoking weed in -insert posh area-, there are drugs everywhere"

Fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

It goes on everywhere. Not just Tallaght.

Not a crack house, but ive a mate living in a lovely well to do place in Greystones. Couple of years ago a real scumbag family of criminals moved into one of the houses and it has just wrecked peoples lives there. Everyone dying to sell now.
    This family have been reported numerous times to council and gardai, but nothing being done about it. People who have owned homes in the place for years ar now selling up and moving to get a bit of peace and getr theor kids away from this shower.

I feel sorry for the new victims who will think they are buying a house in a nice neighborhood too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Dublin snobbery is alive and well !

JimmyVik wrote: »
    It goes on everywhere. Not just Tallaght.

Not a crack house, but ive a mate living in a lovely well to do place in Greystones. Couple of years ago a real scumbag family of criminals moved into one of the houses and it has just wrecked peoples lives there. Everyone dying to sell now.
    This family have been reported numerous times to council and gardai, but nothing being done about it. People who have owned homes in the place for years ar now selling up and moving to get a bit of peace and getr theor kids away from this shower.

I feel sorry for the new victims who will think they are buying a house in a nice neighborhood too.

Article talking about over 100 houses. Tallaght is a big area. But how many houses are deciated to dealing crack cocaine in greystones?

Dublin snobbery is alive and well !

Dont agree it's a huge decision to buy a property, and just maybe doing a bit of research is a good idea as long as it does not become an obsession and maybe a source of anxiety.

Article talking about over 100 houses. Tallaght is a big area. But how many houses are deciated to dealing crack cocaine in greystones?

Point is that its not just crack houses in tallaght the gardai are turning a blind eye to.

Point is that its not just crack houses in tallaght the gardai are turning a blind eye to.

What else is going on ?

What else is going on ?

You are talking the p!ss now right.

Can you not just check the news or ask your friends, or even read boards?
    I f you dont think we are in need of a garda crackdown of crime and general anti social activity then please let me into your ivory tower. It must be lovely in there.

You are talking the p!ss now right.

Can you not just check the news or ask your friends, or even read boards?
    I f you dont think we are in need of a garda crackdown of crime and general anti social activity then please let me into your ivory tower. It must be lovely in there.

You have said Gardai are turning a blind eye to more than crack houses ... nothing in the news backing up what you are saying.

• Advertisement

thought the point of the thread was crack houses? it's in the title..

Advertisement