Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Parking - Hollywood

Options
  • 24-05-2021 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I am planning to do a lap of the Shay Elliot & Wicklow Gap. I will be driving and coming from the west side, so would like to leave the car in either Hollywood or Donard.
    Is there anywhere in either of these villages to leave a car for the day, or will it be ok on the roadside?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

There is a small car park in Hollywood opposite the Hollywood Cafe. It’s for the church but a sign on the wall says parking is ok outside of mass times. Saw it on google street view but don’t know how to link to it.
    https://goo.gl/maps/Ti9hL1rv7XkPDwmb9
    Found it!

probably some space around by the Hollywood Inn also, some people seem to park up at the petrol station also, not sure how long for though

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gmacww

What day would you be doing it? Weekend or week day. If it's a weekend there are spaces outside the school or alternatively you could go a touch further up the road and park outside the hollywood inn or on the left just before tuttys. I'd tend to leave the spaces outside the church for mass goers. Parking in either of those spaces would be absolutely fine. If it's a weekday now I wouldn't tend to park outside the school but during the week outside the church is fine.

I know it'd add an additional 22km to your route but would you consider parking in Blessington? Lot more spaces to park and to be honest most who would be doing that route would tend to park here in any case. Also more post ride options around food, drink etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭PhillySteak9

Thanks everybody. Looks like there are some options in both villages. Looking to go midweek as hopefully there will be fewer people around and quieter roads.
    Hadn't thought about Blessington, but might do that. Turn right coming down from the Wicklow Gap and roll back by Valleymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭nilhg

Generally if a few of us were driving up (from Kildare town area) to do a loop like that we'd park in Dunlavin, more parking, a decent shop, a nice spin to warm up before hitting Hollywood or the Glen.

It's a lovely loop from either side, it's been too long since I did it myself, the OP has put the longing on me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭PhillySteak9

Dunlavin - Good shout. Might just do that.

Advertisement