Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putter Fitting Recommendations

Options
  • 24-05-2021 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone in or around Dublin would recommend a particular fitter for a new putter?

I got fitted for a driver in American Golf in Dundrum about 3 years ago and its only in hindsight I realise I really didn't get a great service at all. In contrast I got fitted for new irons last year in McGuirks in howth and it was a great experience. Not too sure where might be best for a putter though, should I be looking at getting somewhere that I can actually roll the balls on real grass or does that matter as much in a fitting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Did my putter fitting in Foregolf.....very happy with the results

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Neewollah

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Did my putter fitting in Foregolf.....very happy with the results

Been considering this myself. Got irons fitted there last year and loved it.

What kind of stuff do they run through with putter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Neewollah wrote: »
    Been considering this myself. Got irons fitted there last year and loved it.

What kind of stuff do they run through with putter?

Just lots of 12 foot putts with your own putter and potential new putters using trackman

Turns out that my putter had a broken insert so it wasnt hard to see a massive improvement

My average putts per round reduced by 6-7. But I am not normal subject for reason stated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I shelled out for a taylormade spider x putter last year in McGuirks. I just really liked the feel of it.
    I really should have gotten fitted.

I feel that my putting has hugely dis-improved since I started using it, so it may not suit me.

Is it possible to get an after-the-fact fitting? i.e. any adjusting?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Neewollah

I decided years ago to change from my trusted putter to the Taylormade Corsa Ghost (White Mallet putter Justin rose used to use) Thought it looked great on the TV.

Got rid of it after 3 months...Had destroyed my putting. went straight back to my old putter which I'd say other than those 3 months I've ben using for 15 years now.

A lot of my playing partners speak highly of my putting but i don't see it myself. Feel like i struggle to get ball started on line that I want.

Don't get me wrong my putting is decent but I feel I might hole more from 10-12ft if I had a putter fitted correctly. Anything to help keep the putter face square.

Little things make a big difference the lower you get

• Advertisement
Advertisement