Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy A51 Bluetooth Issue

• 24-05-2021 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have a work phone (Galaxy A51) and a personal phone (Note 10). The Note and my previous phones have never had an issue with Bluetooth in my car, but for some reason the A51 just will not stay connected. It's fine for a few days, then pairing fails unless I set it up again as a new connection. It's getting to be a real pain.

I'm guessing it has to be an issue with the phone as like I said, I'm not having the same issue with my current or previous phones (all Samsungs) in the same car. I cleared the Bluetooth cache on the phone once before but it still continued to happen. Also doesn't seem to matter if I have that phone set as the priority connection, or if I only have that phone with me and not my personal one.

Is it a known issue or are there any suggestions for fixing it? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Have you checked to see if it is running the latest firmware?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have you checked to see if it is running the latest firmware?

Yeah, I've had the phone for several months now so it's updated to the latest firmware several times. Doesn't seem to change anything.

Edit: I may be thinking about Software rather than Firmware. I'll check for firmware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The issue happens, is it failing to pair after getting into the car?
    When paired does it ever drop connection?
    Have you removed all paired devices in the car, including the note and A51?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Davy wrote: »
    The issue happens, is it failing to pair after getting into the car?
    When paired does it ever drop connection?
    Have you removed all paired devices in the car, including the note and A51?

Doesn't drop when paired. Will fail to connect after a few days and after starting the car. I removed the note from the paired devices yesterday, and a51 (which I'd only re-paired yesterday) failed to pair again on my second journey this morning. Seems to be failing to connect more the last few weeks, usually I would have gotten a week or two, now it's every other day.

Advertisement