Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Price Increase August 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Will be cancelling the television service with them as soon as my contract is up. It's overpriced as it is and I use the Horizon box which only makes the whole experience even worse. Was told I could have the 360 box but must pay more per month. I think not. So that will offset the increase in the broadband price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I did just that recently, cancelled the TV service and told them Horizon was awful. They offered me 360 at the same price but given most of what I watch is on free to air (irish/uk) it's just not worth the money.

I was reluctant to switch to Siro though despite being available as there's been too many reports of crap speed in the evenings with various providers. VM is always rock solid, never drops much below 500 24x7 and has no crappy fair usage policy. That said, I'll be keeping a close eye on all you who do switch from VM to Siro to see if things have improved in a year as the VM price is annoyingly high compared to Siro.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

I cancelled Virgin this month, €68 for 250meg plus home phone and now have 500meg plus home phone from Pure Telecom for €35 for 12 months. Recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sqdz

250Mbps for 58e/month, that's definitely overprice.

I was just wondering, is it legal for Virgin to increase the price like this ? I mean, they change our contracts without customers agreement. What can stop them to increase it to 100e/m ?

Post edited by sqdz on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MissyMoo34

Anyone having problems with virgin media mobile?cancelled my contract by chat late April 2021 as nobody was answering phones got my account number of Michael and he told me once my account goes over to GoMo no money will be taken from my direct debit account they took a payment in June 2021 so l cancelled the direct debit now they are still sending me bills and adding on €12.50 for late payment would l bring this matter to the attention of comreg?as l tried to sort it out but nobody answers the phone nobody in the offices in headquarters in Dublin according to the robot and they don't recognise my number on the my virgin media mobile even during the very long transfer over to MoGo anyone else had this trouble with them? thanks

• Advertisement

Yes it is. In the terms and conditions it states that the price is subject to change, which doesn't affect the contract.

Advertisement