Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Please Help] is wheat gluten and can you eat cows that are fed gluten( barley)

Options
  • 24-05-2021 4:39pm

Now i dont think im gluten intolerant though im dealing with alot of inflammation at the moment from old injuries. Im cutting back my meat intake significantly but still want to eat some for nutrition etc, i also eat liver. What im wondering is are cows that are fed barley for a few weeks before slaughter safe to eat if youre intolerant or allergic to it?. A farmer i called today said that the gluten wouldnt be absorbed into their meat therefore would have no effect on someone who eats it. Also is wheat gluten are they two separate things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Cill94

Wexman1992 wrote: »
    Now i dont think im gluten intolerant though im dealing with alot of inflammation at the moment from old injuries. Im cutting back my meat intake significantly but still want to eat some for nutrition etc, i also eat liver. What im wondering is are cows that are fed barley for a few weeks before slaughter safe to eat if youre intolerant or allergic to it?. A farmer i called today said that the gluten wouldnt be absorbed into their meat therefore would have no effect on someone who eats it. Also is wheat gluten are they two separate things?

If you're not gluten intolerant then it's not something you need to be concerned with.

Milk is not a source of gluten.

Gluten is a protein, which is found in wheat. The same way calcium is a mineral found in dairy.

You're overthinking this. The inflammation from an injury is a different response from a food intolerance. Focus on getting the injury fixed and avoid foods that give you digestive issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Only processed meats like sausages etc will have gluten. Or breaded stuff.

Same with dairy. Pure milk is dairy free. ...but lots of dairy processed products are not ....some yoghurts and ice-creams etc have gluten.

For instance muller yogurts have gluten but milk doesn't.

Like grapes have no gluten ..but many wines do. Same with beer hops don't have gluten but in the brewing process they put or use stuff that has gluten.

Certain cheese have gluten....like blue cheese and a lot of cottage cheese. But feta brie cheddar etc don't ( and most other cheeses).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

OP I mean this is in the nicest possible way, but I think you might benefit from speaking to someone about your fixation on nutrition. You've started several threads on this forum over the past year or so asking questions about nutrients on the most micro, micro level imaginable. We can't speculate about medical issues on Boards but I really do think you'd do well to think about having a chat with someone about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

For inflammation related issue reduce high inflammatory foods
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-foods-that-cause-inflammation#1.-Sugar-and-high-fructose-corn-syrup

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Qgirl

you should eat cows fed with grass

• Advertisement
Advertisement