Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scan disruption?

Options
  • 24-05-2021 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi ladies,
    Are routine scans going ahead as normal in light of the cyber attack? I’ve my 12 weeks scan next week and I’m wondering is it likely to be moved.
    Has anyone had their 12 week scan in the last week or so? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

I have my 20 week scan on Wednesday and haven't heard anything to say that it's cancelled.

Just to update, my scan went ahead as scheduled. :) Hopefully yours should too.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SuziXX

Thanks Kerry! Did you have to ring ahead or anything? I read since they would contact you if it wasn’t going ahead but I was just thinking what if they lost the appointment list and all our contact details!

SuziXX wrote: »
    Thanks Kerry! Did you have to ring ahead or anything? I read since they would contact you if it wasn’t going ahead but I was just thinking what if they lost the appointment list and all our contact details!

Nope, it said in my appointment letter that I'd get a text the day before to appoint a nominated person to attend with me and a link to a covid questionnaire. I never got a text message but I just showed up anyway with my husband and there was no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

I’m getting a bit anxious about my 20 week scan. I still have not received a date for it and when I contacted the hospital they advised they couldn’t tell me if it would even go ahead due to the HSE cyber attack. I understand they are under pressure and working under difficult conditions but because I couldn’t get a straight answer from them I now need to contemplate getting a private scan for peace of mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement