Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation on Headset

• 24-05-2021 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

So after 5, maybe 6 years of usage, my baby, the LucidSound LS30 - Wireless Universal Gaming Headset, doesnt seem to want to charge anymore :(

I loved this little thing, used it on the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PC.

I need to get a replacement and am looking for something similar. The LS30 had volume controls on the earpiece, left controlled in game, right controlled party chat. It was so handy, especially when muting one or the other.

I know I am not going to get something just like it but if I could, it would be a bonus. I am not looking to go over €120.

At the moment I am looking over the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 Black Wireless Gaming Headset for PS5 & PS4 and its big brother Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 Premium Wireless Gaming Headset for PS5 & PS4

Anyone any suggestions? It needs to be wireless and I am not bothered if they only work on the PS4 as it will be mainly used with that console

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nedd

So after 5, maybe 6 years of usage, my baby, the LucidSound LS30 - Wireless Universal Gaming Headset, doesnt seem to want to charge anymore :(

I loved this little thing, used it on the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PC.

I need to get a replacement and am looking for something similar. The LS30 had volume controls on the earpiece, left controlled in game, right controlled party chat. It was so handy, especially when muting one or the other.

I know I am not going to get something just like it but if I could, it would be a bonus. I am not looking to go over €120.

At the moment I am looking over the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 Black Wireless Gaming Headset for PS5 & PS4 and its big brother Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 Premium Wireless Gaming Headset for PS5 & PS4

Anyone any suggestions? It needs to be wireless and I am not bothered if they only work on the PS4 as it will be mainly used with that console

Thanks in advance

I have the Arctis 7p. Very comfortable and sound amazing. A little out of your price range but there is Arctis 3 that are similar in features.

I think the only headset that can control chat audio on the Ps5 is the Sony official headset, I know you didn't mention PS5, just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I’ve used the turtle beach stealth 400 for years now with zero issues. Can’t fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just to give my experience of the Pulse headset, it does all you want but all the controls are on 1 side (chat/game vol buttons at the back/top and overall vol buttons at the back/bottom). I think they're fantastic, and they work seamlessly with the PC too (literal plug and play with the adapter). Works on PS4 too. €100. Works with Xbox using a cable from the controller into the headset.

I only had a Turtle Beach XP510's for years before the Pulse, so going from older tech to sepcifically made for my console tech is probably part of why I think the Pulse is better. I really need to find someone with the 7p's for comparison purposes!

You could also try another LucidSound headset:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

Arctis 7 working very well for me. Didn't get the 7P as I couldn't find them anywhere at the time.

If you're not willing to stretch your budget to them then I think the Pulse 3D are probably exactly what you want.

Advertisement