Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the Council Investigate Pollution? Or pretend they didn't notice any Pollution?

Options
  • 24-05-2021 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I reported serious water Pollution to the Environmental Section of Clare County Council. I live near a facilitiy with no Planning Permission and many dangerous substances from this facility were getting into the stream which was only 5metres away.

I was told it would be better to drop my complaint but I insisted on putting it in writing.

After over 2 months the Council wrote 3 sentences saying they had not noticed any pollution and told me to test the water myself if I wanted water testing done.
    I did and found serious contamination in water.

Is this how the Council normally deal with pollution - that is saying the POllution does not exist.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You haven't really given enough information for anyone to form an opinion on. Who told you it would be better to drop the complaint? Did they put it in writing when you requested it? When you had the water tested, who was that by, and what did they find? What did you do with those findings?

I've closed your other thread, but will leave this one open for now. Facts would help.

Advertisement