Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Spurs new Italian DOF having a bit of a Mare trying to sign a manager that's Conte and now Fonseca who got close only to walk away.

Edwin Poots the latest name linked according to twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,348 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

MacDanger wrote: »
    Edwin Poots the latest name linked according to twitter

brad bobley :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

brad bobley :P

Should go for Ted Lasso altogether, and at least get a bit of a feel-good factor going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,348 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Should go for Ted Lasso altogether, and at least get a bit of a feel-good factor going!

mad that they turned it into a TV show. never watched it though

mad that they turned it into a TV show. never watched it though

Oh man, it's brilliant! It's really not what you expect it to be at all - it's like a big warm hug in tv-show form. Hugely recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Oh man, it's brilliant! It's really not what you expect it to be at all - it's like a big warm hug in tv-show form. Hugely recommend.

Ya its a real feel good show, I enjoyed the first season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Back on topic.

Dumfries would have been a good buy before the tournament but I suspect his price is rocketing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

NIMAN wrote: »
    Back on topic.

Dumfries would have been a good buy before the tournament but I suspect his price is rocketing now.

The Dutch have a nice enough side until you get to the forward positions which is the complete opposite of the problem they usually have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The Dutch have a nice enough side until you get to the forward positions which is the complete opposite of the problem they usually have.

They do have some very good young attackers, trouble is they're all inexperienced at International level.

Donyell Malen - PSV - 22
    Calvin Stengs - AZ - 22
    Justin Kluivert - Roma - 22
    Myron Boadu - AZ - 20
    Cody Gakpo - PSV - 22
    Mitchell van Bergen - Heerenveen - 21

All of the above are 22 or under. This tournament has perhaps come a couple of years too soon for most of them to hit their stride. Next WC/Euros, I'd imagine they'll have a lot more strength in depth up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Kiith wrote:
    Club moved onto Gattuso as he was apparently Paratici's first choice. Once he walked from Fiorentina, they moved for him at the last minute, to the utter disbelief of Fonseca and his team.

Gattuso ruled out now as per David Ornstein

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

NIMAN wrote: »
    Back on topic.

Raiola is his agent, too.

With the slight hints of a backlash against Mendes, I wonder will people be similarly wary of dealing with Raiola.

There'll always be clubs that will stump up the money but it seems like some clubs are being more cautious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Spurs might as well just make Kane player manager at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Would spurs not take rafa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Would spurs not take rafa?

We sure would !!

But theres a chance he might need money to spend, on players that he wants ....

#EnicOut

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

WTF Spurs.

1. Sack Mourinho
    2. ???
    3. Profit!?

Seems to be absolutely no plan there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

JPA wrote: »
    WTF Spurs.

1. Sack Mourinho
    2. ???
    3. Profit!?

Seems to be absolutely no plan there.

We have a nice stadium, "world class" (??) training set up, and Enic are making lovely money from NFL and concerts....

Who gives a fcuk about the football side of things ??? just a distraction ....

ENIC OUT

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

greenspurs wrote: »
    We sure would !!

But theres a chance he might need money to spend, on players that he wants ....

#EnicOut

I could see Rafa taking the job, as long as Levy doesn't bull**** him. That's when he has no problem falling out publicly with the owners.

Rafa would do a good job with Spurs. If it's a choice between them and Everton, it's a no brainer imo. Spurs have far more potential to move to the next level.

Interesting few weeks ahead watching how it all plays out.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Rafa and Levy seems like a match made in hell

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

GLaDOS wrote: »

Ha, good point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rafa managed to work with Ashley so Levy might look like the City owners in comparison.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Mourinho…Conte…Rafa… this seems like an insert name here sentence in recent times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Parker is on his way out of Fulham....wonder if he is being sounded out for the Spurs job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

retalivity wrote: »
    Parker is on his way out of Fulham....wonder if he is being sounded out for the Spurs job?

Bournemouth I heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,240 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Giovagnoli to rescue Spurs.

Or Ryan Mason gets the gig full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭irelandrover

6 wrote: »
    Rafa would do a good job with Spurs. If it's a choice between them and Everton, it's a no brainer imo. Spurs have far more potential to move to the next level.

Interesting few weeks ahead watching how it all plays out.

DO they? Spurs apparently have no money and their best player wants out. Everton have a billionaire owner who seems to be willing to back them. 2 years ago id have agreed with your statement but not anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Officer999

Whatever happened to the Poch return?
    Just rumours?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Officer999 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the Poch return?
    Just rumours?

PSG priced them out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

nuno could end up at spurs yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Glico Man wrote: »
    They do have some very good young attackers, trouble is they're all inexperienced at International level.

Donyell Malen - PSV - 22
    Calvin Stengs - AZ - 22
    Justin Kluivert - Roma - 22
    Myron Boadu - AZ - 20
    Cody Gakpo - PSV - 22
    Mitchell van Bergen - Heerenveen - 21

All of the above are 22 or under. This tournament has perhaps come a couple of years too soon for most of them to hit their stride. Next WC/Euros, I'd imagine they'll have a lot more strength in depth up top.

Theirs another fella Brian brobbey, seen him at ucd in underage euro comp, at Redhill. Loooks a good player iirc

Spurs have now approached Valverde to talk about being the new manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Phew they are crying out for a forward, I mean all they have now are Messi, Aguero, Depay, Griezmann, Dembele, Ansu Fati, Trincao, Braithwaite...

Good thing they are flush with cash too!

In all seriousness though someone surely has to be on the way out. I know Aguero has had his fitness issues but someone like Dembele can't be expecting to get too much game time and thats without putting the likes of Coutinho in the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,240 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Phew they are crying out for a forward, I mean all they have now are Messi, Aguero, Depay, Griezmann, Dembele, Ansu Fati, Trincao, Braithwaite...

Good thing they are flush with cash too!

In all seriousness though someone surely has to be on the way out. I know Aguero has had his fitness issues but someone like Dembele can't be expecting to get too much game time and thats without putting the likes of Coutinho in the list.

Still find this forward list so amusing. Its like when you ask a kid to pick the odd one out. Braithwaite has some agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Delighted for Depay. Hopefully it results in Braithwaite moving on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

A 2 year contract, that seems strange

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JPA wrote: »
    A 2 year contract, that seems strange

From what I’ve read, it’s a safety net in case they sack Koeman. He specifically wants to play for that manager, rather than just the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lord TSC wrote: »
    From what I’ve read, it’s a safety net in case they sack Koeman. He specifically wants to play for that manager, rather than just the club.

That’s really weird

Wasn't Koeman under pressure towards the end of last season? Bad start and he'll be out the door by Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

These player swap things never work out… would any of those three guys want to move to Spurs? I doubt it to be honest, they’re all champions league caliber players.

And on the other end, would Spurs be happy to pay their Man City scale wages?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd rather we reject all bids, but if he's gonna go, i'd take £100 million plus Laporte. We need a good defender, and he'd be an improvement over what we have.

Kane & Grealish to City for £100m each plus players or players totaling £100m.

City made it know last month they want rid of Sterling, Laporte, Jesus & Mahrez.

The clubs would be better off with the £100m+ in cash to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

These player swap things never work out… would any of those three guys want to move to Spurs? I doubt it to be honest, they’re all champions league caliber players.

And on the other end, would Spurs be happy to pay their Man City scale wages?

Jesus would be doing well to get any meaningful game time at a club bigger that Spurs, I doubt Spurs would even want him, bang average player.
    Kiith wrote: »
    I'd rather we reject all bids.

If he wants to go then in reality the club have no choice, its just a matter of holding out for as much as possible. Contracts mean nothing and are simply leverage for negotiations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Kane & Grealish to City for £100m each plus players or players totaling £100m.

City made it know last month they want rid of Sterling, Laporte, Jesus & Mahrez.

The clubs would be better off with the £100m+ in cash to be honest.

Are either of those clubs going to be able to get better than Mahrez, Laporte and Sterling (in that order), I doubt it.

Still don't think Grealish will move, a local lad who seems happy with Villa, Villa don't need the money are are showing plenty of ambition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd rather we reject all bids, but if he's gonna go, i'd take £100 million plus Laporte. We need a good defender, and he'd be an improvement over what we have.

Can’t see Laporte wanting the move. If he is available, there will be consistent CL contenders from the top 3 leagues wanting him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement