Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual leave owed when leaving job

Options
  • 24-05-2021 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi i need bit of advice here,i recently changed jobs and have been paid my final pay and given P60 online.However when i checked my final payslip ,my unused holiday pay were not displayed as such,but they were only added to gross salary.We were also given odd days off since last year here and there but they were not displayed on payslips either.
    I was also wondering why i was newly employed online on revenue.ie as new employee with my ex-employer company since last September when i got back to work after 3 months off lockdown in June (started up there april 2018).Would that be normal to do so by employers to re-employ people that were off work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

There's no statutory requirement for annual leave to show as a separate line on your payslip, as long as you're being paid for them that's the important thing.

Sounds like you were on temporary lay-off due to Covid. Did you ask your former employer about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Skaar

Yes it was temporary lay-off due to covid.I did not ask him about that yet,i contacted tax office first to see if they have any explanation for it.
    Just seems odd to be 'new employer' when i was already working for more than 2 months prior to that .
    I asked my employer to doublecheck my holiday again,unfortunately checking that with accountant is out of question as they are close related.
    Thank you for helping me out

It looks like your employer terminated your employment for your period of short-term lay off. This isn't an issue, since you've now left (it may have been an issue if you were made redundant at a later date, as this would have been considered a break in service. Although there were possibly allowances for situations like this due to Covid).

It really doesn't make a difference for you, as you weren't paid in those weeks anyway and wouldn't have accrued annual leave or PRSI weeks. You should know that if any public holidays fell during the period of short term lay off you are entitled to them, so might be worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

You might also want to look at seeing how you can backfill the missed PRSI payments, as you need as many as possible

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

You might also want to look at seeing how you can backfill the missed PRSI payments, as you need as many as possible

S/he wouldn't be entitled to PRSI weeks for the period of the short term lay-off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

For a few months last year Revenue said laid off employees had to have a leave date on the payroll submission. if social welfare didn’t see a leave date they wouldn’t pay PUP. Then they changed the instructions, or they got more relaxed. I think it was July/August. So if you were laid off in April or may or June you would have had a leave date followed by a restart date. Sometimes the revenue person at the end of the phone line can’t be getting into a long conversation explaining everything, knowing that there are a load of people on hold. As the other poster mentioned you aren’t entitled to PRSI weeks from your employer. Nor holiday pay, but you are entitled to payment for the bank holidays that fell in the first 13 weeks of the layoff.
    I don’t see why you cannot contact whoever does the payroll and ask them if they wouldn’t mind clarifying for you what exactly is being paid. What does it matter who they are? They are still able to do their job well and there is no reason for them to not pay you all your entitlements.
    Go on, pick up the phone or send an email and don’t be stressing yourself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Skaar

Cheers i asked him to doublecheck amount paid again and i was told i will get report early this week regarding what was owed,paid etc
    I was aware of public holidays during lay-off ,but be worth checking it as you said and will ask him if they were included in final pay,thanks again !

Advertisement