Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone gigabox

Options
  • 24-05-2021 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi, I had my WiFi modem updated to the new gigabox .
    I have had trouble since installment. I can no longer stream movies, youtube etc using my chrome cast because my TV I am told is not compatible. It's a Toshiba TV I bought less than a year ago. If I want this to work I need to contact the TV manufacturer but what are they going to do???
    Anyone else had this problem???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

That is weird. Has that gigabox got 2 wi fi channels or only one!! one is 2.4gz other is 5ghz.

Say exact model of tv.

What was the model of the other wi fi modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

Yes I will look it up, bought it in lidl. I thought vodafone were just in to change the box but they rewired the hall through to sitting room and now I'm without my movies etc streamed onto TV. So disappointing and frustrating.... I was never told this could happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

When you say streamed do you mean its a smart tv? or are you using something else, say a bit more ie what was the last modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

rustopher wrote: »
    Yes I will look it up, bought it in lidl. I thought vodafone were just in to change the box but they rewired the hall through to sitting room and now I'm without my movies etc streamed onto TV. So disappointing and frustrating.... I was never told this could happen...

Are you casting from another device onto the TV? Is it over WiFi or is the tv wired?

If over WiFi, try splitting the channels - option in the gigabox app - and connect both devices to the default (not 5G) WiFi

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

xebec wrote: »
    Are you casting from another device onto the TV? Is it over WiFi or is the tv wired?

If over WiFi, try splitting the channels - option in the gigabox app - and connect both devices to the default (not 5G) WiFi

^
    l
    This.

• Advertisement

TinCanMan wrote: »
    ^
    l
    This.
    Toshiba smart TV model no 43UL2A63DB ( if that helps, that's all it says on the quick start guide.
    Yes I am streaming from my HD cinema app on the tablet wireless.
    The old modem box was white model: HG658c
    New box is SHG3000 gigabox .

rustopher wrote: »
    Toshiba smart TV model no 43UL2A63DB ( if that helps, that's all it says on the quick start guide.
    Yes I am streaming from my HD cinema app on the tablet wireless.
    The old modem box was white model: HG658c
    New box is SHG3000 gigabox .
    I am casting over WiFi.

Thank you for earlier advice, I can ask my brother to try that method you mentioned earlier 😀

Advertisement