Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a bungalow

Options
  • 24-05-2021 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I am looking at buying a 3-4 bed bungalow somewhere in the south of the country. What would ye think is an acceptable price for a house of this size? I feel like 220000 plus is a bit steep although these days you probably wouldnt build one for that price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

I am looking at buying a 3-4 bed bungalow somewhere in the south of the country. What would ye think is an acceptable price for a house of this size? I feel like 220000 plus is a bit steep although these days you probably wouldnt build one for that price?

How long is a piece of string? You wouldn’t build much for 220 right now for definite, but 220 for a bungalow in reasonable order within a short commute of cork city might be a steal. One that needs total modernisation on the outskirts of ballygonowhere miles from anything might only be worth a third of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hereford202

Looking at a few around tipp/limerick/cork area. Reasonable condition and for 220000 minimum. I feel like the same house would have been worth 50k less not that long ago. Prices are mad. Building seems to be a dangerous game too from what I've heard with regards prices being on the rise and no one knows when itll stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭wildflower

That sounds like reasonable for buying right now. We live in a decent but basic bungalow and we were planning to sell- valued at 260k this year. Have planning for a new build- cost to build 600k 😵‍💫 We are staying put and plan to renovate our bungalow- cost of renovation 200k. Everything is eye wateringly expensive right now but 220 seems cheap enough to me considering our renovation and tiny extension will cost about the same.

Advertisement