Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't register new device

Options
  • 25-05-2021 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got a new phone and I'm trying to get the mobile app to work on it. I get as far as receiving the authentication code but the code never works. I get the message 'something doesn't seem right here' message every time. I enter the code I receive on text exactly.
    Can you advise?

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

maldini wrote: »
    Hi,
    I got a new phone and I'm trying to get the mobile app to work on it. I get as far as receiving the authentication code but the code never works. I get the message 'something doesn't seem right here' message every time. I enter the code I receive on text exactly.
    Can you advise?

Regards
    Hi maldini,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty with registering the mobile app. If you are continuing to experience this difficulty we would recommend that you raise this by calling our customer service team directly on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000 ( if abroad) and one of our colleagues here will be more than happy to help with this.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭maldini

Hi,
    Thanks for the update. I'm still getting the issue. I'm currently abroad in Asia, can you tell me what the cost of the call per minute is to that number? Cos I know I'll be on the line for ages.

Thanks

Hi maldini,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty with registering the mobile app. If you are continuing to experience this difficulty we would recommend that you raise this by calling our customer service team directly on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000 ( if abroad) and one of our colleagues here will be more than happy to help with this.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

I would like to know how this can work i also travel a lot and would like to know what would happen if a device had to be changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

maldini wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks for the update. I'm still getting the issue. I'm currently abroad in Asia, can you tell me what the cost of the call per minute is to that number? Cos I know I'll be on the line for ages.
    Thanks for getting back to us.

For advice on the call charges, it would be best to link in with your mobile provider. They should be able to advise on this further. Rest assured our colleagues will be with you as soon as possible if you give them a call.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

agoodpunt wrote: »
    I would like to know how this can work i also travel a lot and would like to know what would happen if a device had to be changed
    Hi Agoodpunt,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you still had access to the BOI app, your number can be updated by clicking the icon in the top right corner. 

If you did not have access to this, you can update the number by calling our team on +35314044000 and our colleagues will be happy to help you with this.

Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

Hi Agoodpunt,

If you still had access to the BOI app, your number can be updated by clicking the icon in the top right corner. 

If you did not have access to this, you can update the number by calling our team on +35314044000 and our colleagues will be happy to help you with this.

Thanks,
    Richard
    I was not talking about no, but a device "but you can always call our team anything else we can help you with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Agoodpunt,

Thanks,
    Richard
    I was not talking about no, but a device "but you can always call our team anything else we can help you with
    Hi There 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We are a little unsure of your query, could you expand further for us please?

Just to mention, you can register your App with up to 5 devices. We have some information here

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭maldini

The device I was trying to register was a Huawei. Maybe it's related to all Google services being removed on Huawei phones. I tried to register on a Samsung and if was fine.

Just in case anyone else runs into this problem on a Huawei.

Advertisement