Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir f3000 and tp link deco e not working

• 25-05-2021 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all over recently got eir broadband installed over one dead zone in the house so I bought the tp link deco e4 mesh system to boost it, problem is when u connect the master node to the eir f3000 withe the cable it turns off the internet, like goes off on the front of the router and no internet. I've followed the to link instructions reset etc but to no avail, then when you plug out the tp link the internet comes back on, any ideas, in pulling my hair out. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

mack daddy wrote: »
    Hi all over recently got eir broadband installed over one dead zone in the house so I bought the tp link deco e4 mesh system to boost it, problem is when u connect the master node to the eir f3000 withe the cable it turns off the internet, like goes off on the front of the router and no internet. I've followed the to link instructions reset etc but to no avail, then when you plug out the tp link the internet comes back on, any ideas, in pulling my hair out. Cheers

You need to configure your TP Link Deco in Access Point Mode, so as to ensure you don't have two routers in your network. Turn off WiFi in the eir F3000, and let the Decos provide seamless coverage throughout your home.

You should really have bought the WiFi Smart Hub from Eir. It is a WiFi 6 Mesh device that works in tandem with the F3000, so you wouldn't have needed an additional Mesh device to cover the F3000 zone. It is a much higher spec than the Deco E4, and eir's price is very reasonable. You can get as many as you require to cover your home - just like Deco's.

Advertisement