Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necrus Revisited (Part Three) REVEAL Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Cheers Necro, missed most of the reveal there but just watched the winner. Very nice, though not sure I understand it :p
    Well played Shane!

Necro wrote: »
    In 16th place with 2 points

Barna77

Chemical Bros - Star Guitar

I *think* I get what you were trying to convey with this entry but unfortunately it just didn’t work for me. It’s literally a guy taking a video from a train… scenery is ok I guess but it doesn’t improve the song really. And while I like Chemical Brothers this wouldn’t be one I’d be firing up when I think of them unfortunately. 4 for the song, 2 for the video.
    ShaneU wrote: »
    All the scenery represents the different beats in the song, did you not get that Necro? Great video. (Chemical brothers)
    mal-speechless.gif
    :D
    Love that video, unlucky Barna

I went for something quite different from your suggested game songs, hope you liked it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necrina wrote: »
    This is a man that would never let me win at anything if he can help it and takes great pleasure in it too. This is why we can't play monopoly! :pac:

I wonder do you both dress up and recreate that Pink video :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Oof, you heathen! That's Michel Gondry's finest work :D

I can understand from Necro's position why it didnt score well. Its far and away the best thing that Noel Gallagher has ever been involved in.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Cant wait to share what I would have entered for this next category :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

In 2nd place with 15 points

Kolido

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony

Does seem a somewhat ‘obvious’ choice but it’s a cracker. The song kind of IS the video imo so it definitely personifies the round. 10 for the video, 6 and a half for the song, marked down slightly for overfamiliarity.

I hate this song but great video so an easy choice for me. I didn't expect it to do so well as I didn't know how you were rating this round. Delighted with 2nd place.

Great reveal Neccers and well done Shane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This was my second choice, great video, all one shot

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

This was my second, it wouldn't have faired any better (yes it's country), but c'mon ya gotta love a man who loves his pupper :D so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I don't think my video game song will score high but I just had to include a song from one of the greatest games I have ever played

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Sawduck wrote: »
    I don't think my video game song will score high but I just had to include a song from one of the greatest games I have ever played

Seriously can't be any worse than my choice :rolleyes: (guaranteed)

I didn't know this genre even existed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

You entered the theme music to Tetris? Brave :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

You entered the theme music to Tetris? Brave :D

Tusk linked me to a brilliant version of that. I'll put it up if it doesn't feature in this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm not a big gamer but enjoyed the track from the film

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

15 mins and we get started folks!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

fixXxer wrote: »
    Tusk linked me to a brilliant version of that. I'll put it up if it doesn't feature in this round.

No Tetris theme was entered, sadly. Would have done very well.

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo

Doo Doo DOOO Doo Doo Doo

Same story here, saving top and bottom 3 for last, right up the table otherwise. No dupes this round woot!!

In 13th place with 4 points

fixXxer

Dan Bull - 21 Heroes

I figured Apex would get a run out here :P It would have done better than this pile of meh tbh.

In 12th place with 5 points

Sawduck

Persona 5 - Last Surprise

Funky number this but I just wasn’t enamoured with it at all tbh. I reckon it might have sunk in better with me if I was familiar with the series but I just didn’t get much from this. Sorry…

In 11th Place with 6 points

Ari101

The XX – Intro

I actually really like instrumental music in games as it’s less distracting whilst playing them. This was grand… I did try the 7 minute version and gotta say that would have done… much much worse as it’s basically the same thing for longer, which gets a bit meh after a while.

In 10th place with 7 points

Irish Aris

Lacuna Coil-Swamped

I just don’t know about this song. The intro is really very strange and just puts me off the track immediately but the more I listen the more I enjoy. I think it’s her voice? It’s a bit weird. Anyways here was where it ended up.

In 9th place with 8 points

Electric Nitwit

Cities - Beck (from Sound Shapes)

This is kinda funky. I’m not a big fan of Beck anyways so this is about as high as it could really go in all honesty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Persona 5 is one hell of a game if you have never played it I highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Hmmmm. No idea how I'll fare here, but I too picked a song from the greatest game ever...

In 8th place with 9 points

Barna77

Final Fantasy 7 - Golden Saucer Theme

Tbh, you could have picked pretty much ANY other track from FF7 and it would likely have been top 3 material. Boss theme, Main battle theme, Jenova them, One Winged Angel just wins the category straight up - just not this one. I dunno, it’s so sickly sweet and squealing at points it just puts me off. It’s still much better than what most games have these days but yeah, you could have been much higher :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Persona 5 is one hell of a game if you have never played it I highly recommend it

Finished it, then started in Royal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I entirely don't understand how these songs fit into games. I haven't attempted to play anything much but puzzles since I was a teenager and I remeber moody stuff and electronic noises and some scarey alarm like stuff.
    These days even mobile game apps for simple things first thing I do is mute them :o
    So saying all that my placing is ok with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ah love the golden saucer song

In 7th place with 10 points

LeVar

Bad Religion - You

Haha, I still remember playing that Tony Hawk demo to death when it first came out, gave you the choice of two different skate parks iirc. This is a fun track and I enjoyed the entry. I was far too cheap as a student to buy the full game :D

In 6th place with 11 points

Necrina

Skyrim Main Theme - Dovahkiin

*Looks around nervously* You’ve been paying attention to my interpretative dance for this track haven’t you :eek: I just really like this theme with the chanting, it stands out a mile. Good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In 7th place with 10 points

LeVar

Bad Religion - You

Haha, I still remember playing that Tony Hawk demo to death when it first came out, gave you the choice of two different skate parks iirc. This is a fun track and I enjoyed the entry. I was far too cheap as a student to buy the full game :D

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2!!! Greatest Game Ever!!!

Haven't played it in awhile actually, might have a few beers and throw it on now tonight, to help de-stress after all that chaos in that other place this evening...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Think I may have went low key with my pick here, I still like it though.

Advertisement