If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the story with delivery post Brexit?

Options
  • 25-05-2021 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What are the VAT or customs duty impacts for delivery to Ireland?
    Can I order in either GBP or Euro without extra charges, or do I need to factor something in?

Cheers,

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

ArrBee wrote: »
    Hi,

Can I order in either GBP or Euro without extra charges, or do I need to factor something in?

Cheers,
    Hi ArrBee.

Thanks for the post and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

There are no customs or taxes to be paid on goods purchased from ourselves.
    The price listed on our website is all the is required to be paid.

You are free to pay in which ever currency you choose :)

If you let me know the items you are after I can check stock and if there are any deals to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Hi,

Cheers,
    Hi ArrBee.

If you let me know the items you are after I can check stock and if there are any deals to be had.
    Thanks very much Kenny.

I am in the market for outdoor speakers for a medium sized BBQ area.
    It is sheltered from direct rain but being outside there will be humidity and temperature fluctuations.
    I will be mounting them either on a block wall of the house or a steel frame that covers the area.

I noticed the Cambridge ES20 on your site and thought it was about the sort of thing I would go for.  Would have preferred black but white will be OK

I don't think you have them, but maybe you are familiar with Yamaha NSAW392?  I'd be interested in how the 2 compare...

Hi,

Cheers,
    Hi ArrBee.

Thanks very much Kenny.

I am in the market for outdoor speakers for a medium sized BBQ area.
    It is sheltered from direct rain but being outside there will be humidity and temperature fluctuations.
    I will be mounting them either on a block wall of the house or a steel frame that covers the area.

I noticed the Cambridge ES20 on your site and thought it was about the sort of thing I would go for.  Would have preferred black but white will be OK

I don't think you have them, but maybe you are familiar with Yamaha NSAW392?  I'd be interested in how the 2 compare...
    Hi ArrBee.

The Cambridge ES20 are good speakers and would work well in your outdoor space, currently priced at 189.99 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200048-cambridge-audio-es20-white-white-outdoor-speakers-per-pair.aspx

I've not heard the Yamaha ones in action as they are not ones we have stocked before.

You should also check out the Monitor Audio Climate 50's. These are the ones that we would recommend as they sound fantastic!
    Priced at 369 Euro.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-11198-monitor-audio-climate-50-black-black-outdoor-speakers-per-pair.aspx

I could offer a deal on these at 276 Euro delivered.

Let me know your thoughts.

I wasn't considering spending more, but thats a very interesting proposition.

Beyond the specs and marketing info, how would you describe the main differences between them?
    Is there a big difference in sound, mounting, outdoor durability, efficiency, etc?

One thing that might be important to me is the mounting bracket.  If one had a more secure (and less likely to reverberate) that would be something.
    I could put up with slightly less sound quality coming from the speaker if it meant avoiding an annoying rattle if you get me. :)

I have the amp I will be using on it's way to me.
    When it turns up I will be testing it to see how it drives speakers I already have.  If the amp isn't up to the task I'm not sure there'd be much benefit spending more on speakers, or would there?

I'm happy to hear an open and honest opinion about the difference in these speakers, pm PM if necessary.

Beyond the specs and marketing info, how would you describe the main differences between them?
    Is there a big difference in sound, mounting, outdoor durability, efficiency, etc?

One thing that might be important to me is the mounting bracket.  If one had a more secure (and less likely to reverberate) that would be something.
    I could put up with slightly less sound quality coming from the speaker if it meant avoiding an annoying rattle if you get me. :)

When it turns up I will be testing it to see how it drives speakers I already have.  If the amp isn't up to the task I'm not sure there'd be much benefit spending more on speakers, or would there?

I'm happy to hear an open and honest opinion about the difference in these speakers, pm PM if necessary.
    Hi ArrBee.

The Climate 50 speakers are better build quality and superior sound quality over the Cambridge.
    The mounting brackets with the Climates are also of better build quality.

If your current amp is not up to running the speakers you already have then a new amp maybe in order :)

• Advertisement

Hi ArrBee.

The Climate 50 speakers are better build quality and superior sound quality over the Cambridge.

If your current amp is not up to running the speakers you already have then a new amp maybe in order :)
    lol.  true.
    I'll get to asses the amp in a few days when it arrives and I'll go from there!
    Once I choose the speakers, how do I conclude the sale?  Do I phone up or what?

Hi ArrBee.

lol.  true.
    I'll get to asses the amp in a few days when it arrives and I'll go from there!
    Once I choose the speakers, how do I conclude the sale?  Do I phone up or what?
    Hey ArrBee.

One your ready you can drop me a PM with your contact details and I can give you a call to finalise or I can get you a personalised voucher for our website and you enter it at checkout to reduce the product to the agreed price.

Speakers arrived yesterday and I had a listen using the amp I plan to use.
    All good.  Very happy with them thanks very much.

Now to get them mounted and cabled...

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Speakers arrived yesterday and I had a listen using the amp I plan to use.
    All good.  Very happy with them thanks very much.

Now to get them mounted and cabled...
    Thanks for checking in ArrBee!

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new speakers! If you need anything else please don't hesitate to drop us a post!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.