Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Towel Rail Controller?

Options
  • 25-05-2021 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Have a dual heated towel rail, CH and a 400w electric element. Have a pretty big-standard Kudox controller but would like to have a smart controller that works with Alexa or phone app.
    Such a thing exist or anyone suggest an option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭brio09

Mugser wrote: »
    Have a dual heated towel rail, CH and a 400w electric element. Have a pretty big-standard Kudox controller but would like to have a smart controller that works with Alexa or phone app.
    Such a thing exist or anyone suggest an option?

Interesting! Had no heard of smart towel rail or kudox before. Would a smart trv solve the need?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sonoff, 400W is fine for their basic units (Dont put large loads of them). Id use a Sonoff Pow. Keep it outside the bathroom as its not rated for steam/damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Ya I use Sonoff, I put it between the fused power switch and the rad on the wall. Works fine for the past few years. Never got that it just had a on or off switch. Pointless.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06WWNBD3Y/ref=emc_b_5_i

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I put a Shelly in mine, flashed to tasmota.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

kenmc wrote: »
    I put a Shelly in mine, flashed to tasmota.

Ok, so googled Shelly and found the little blue switch.. what does 'flashed to tasmota' mean please?

• Advertisement

Ok, so googled Shelly and found the little blue switch.. what does 'flashed to tasmota' mean please?

Means I replaced the cloud based proprietary firmware with open source version which talks only to my locally hosted home automation system (openhab)

Means I replaced the cloud based proprietary firmware with open source version which talks only to my locally hosted home automation system (openhab)

Makes even less sense to me:o gobble-de-goook!!

I'll stick with something I can use out of the box, thanks

Makes even less sense to me:o gobble-de-goook!!

I'll stick with something I can use out of the box, thanks
    No reason you couldn't use Shelly out of the box if you want

No reason you couldn't use Shelly out of the box if you want

Suppose I could have but I already had a few Sonoff switches so I used one in conjunction with a Zigbee push button and set up an aplett in IFTTT so the button brings on the towel rail and I've set the latching time to it's max 59m59s,, so there's my hour boost. I've an Alexa routine set up too.

Advertisement