Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixie in Cork

Options
  • 25-05-2021 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hey I'm looking to buy a fixie for a trainer. Anyone know if there's any shops in Cork where I might pick one up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Wiggles88 wrote: »
    Hey I'm looking to buy a fixie for a trainer. Anyone know if there's any shops in Cork where I might pick one up?

Just took a quick look on adverts https://www.adverts.ie/fixies-singlespeed-bikes/old-steel-frame-fixie-runabout/23670877

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Wiggles88

Yeah I might settle for second hand but for the time being I wanted to see if there was anything new around

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mh_cork

Wiggles88 wrote: »
    Yeah I might settle for second hand but for the time being I wanted to see if there was anything new around

Gears and components are the first thing to go on a bike, so there is an advantage on buying fixies / SS second-hand. They are simpler, so you just need to check the frame, wheels, brakes. You're not really anything extra by going new.

If you're still interested in new, Victoria Cycles might be able to get you a Genesis Flyer / Day One.

Advertisement