Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporarily disconnecting an outdoor light fitting

Options
  • 25-05-2021 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hello, non-electrician here looking for some advice.

I have an outdoor sensor light that is faulty. It is within warranty and the manufacturer has agreed to have it returned to them for investigation and possible repair or refund.

If I had a replacement I would be confident enough at removing the existing light and swapping the new one in. However in this case I need to completely disconnect the light for a period of time while I wait for the manufacturer.

The problem is this light is on the same circuit as part of the indoor lights downstairs so I cannot simply leave the fuse off. The light does have a dedicated indoor switch.

What would be the recommended approach here to safely disconnect and protect the wiring from the elements etc? Would this come under minor electrical works?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

Disconnect the outside light and terminate the connections in an outside,waterproof junction box. Make sure the power is off whilst doing this.
    This would be minor works

Advertisement