Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying in hospital

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

So sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

So sorry for your loss; the first few years can be very hard.

Mind yourself and be kind to yourself, grief comes at you in all sorts of ways take a little time when it does

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

So sorry for your loss Clmalfie. Mind yourself.

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭Tork

ClmAlfie I'm very sorry to see this sad update to the thread. Look after yourself, especially in the coming months when the loose ends get tied up and the reality of that empty chair starts to sink in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Hi op. I've been through it. I'm here and boards are here. Stretch out your arm and there'll be one to grasp it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

So sorry for your loss

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭skinnyfries

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s such a sad time. I lost my Dad 2 years ago, he was suddenly diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer and died 3 months later.

Luckily we were in a position, (aided by the local cancer support and palliative care teams) to take him home and look after him for his last month.

Mind yourself and those you love. One family member is bound to go rogue and cause problems (our’s still won’t communicate and refuses to speak to my mother).

Take the small wins, just getting through each day, baby steps. It’s a massive loss, but he’s still there. Be strong and look after no 1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,265 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm very sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sorry for your loss

Advertisement