Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro D'Italia Stage 17: Canazei Sega di Ala (193km)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭this.lad

Remco has abandoned. Hopefully he isn’t too banged up from today.

He took a fierce slap off that barrier today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Avoided all social media all evening and then some scutterin gobsheen texts the result to a WhatsApp group :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Am I the only one gets anxious with everyone on the roadside?
    Wonder how the cyclists feel going through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,163 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

deise08 wrote: »
    Am I the only one gets anxious with everyone on the roadside?
    Wonder how the cyclists feel going through them.

You and Rob Hatch

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Just finished watching it myself. Best stage so far? Hard to remove my bias.
    Has anybody else now upgraded the quality of last year's Giro? Apart from 1 day Almeida has been very good again this year. Looking forward to seeing how Geoghegan Hart goes in the Tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭DonegalBay

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Bernal is the strongest in the race and in now way benefited from the shortening of Mondays stage - complete opposite in fact! ;)

The fact that Bernal cracked a little today in no way changes the fact that he was clearly the strongest in the race up until the rest day. Maybe it was an off day, which sometimes happens after rest days or maybe he will crack completely like Yates a few years back. Still doesn't make any sense to suggest he would have cracked on Monday with a full stage when he dropped all his GC rivals on the stage that actually took place. Realistically, only Years of his GC rivals actually gained time today and he is still 3 minutes down. Definitely makes for a more interesting race though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Its not that harsh. It was way more the 3rd tour than it is now. The late season move and the very new Red jersey have really given the Vuelta a new lease of life and identity. I don't think even Spanish fans would dispute this too much
    I'm not arguing it wasn't third in the rankings, but it was still recognised as a proper Grand Tour. Basically, I don't want to diminish the Kings achievement! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I like that in 1973 Mercx won the Vuelta that ended on May 13

Started the Giro on May 18, wore pink after the prologue and spent every single day in pink

Didn’t enter the Tour which started 3 weeks after the Giro and it was the only edition between 1969 and 1974 he didn’t win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Used to be amazing photo's from the mountains in the spring Vuelta's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Is there anywhere to watch the highlights of this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Advertisement