Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earth Defence Force: World Brothers

Options
  • 26-05-2021 12:55pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else looking forward to this?

It's out Thursday. I'll be picking it up day 1 failing any stinker reviews. The series is just an absolute blast and the best co-op experience you can have right now. I think the Voxel graphics are a great fit for the amount of wanton carnage and environmental destruction that is in these games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Can only hope it feels more like the mainline games than InsectArma/IronRain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Can only hope it feels more like the mainline games than InsectArma/IronRain.

True, anytime anyone other than sandalot has tried their hands at it it's just been disappointing. Iron Rain wasn't so bad so hopefully Yuke's have learned from their mistakes. Seems to be way more of a sandbox blaster.

It's a weird series where adding polish actually actively makes the game worse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So eh.... Not wild about this game. Very disappointed.

It plays very like Iron Rain. The madness from the other EDF games just isn't there and there's none of the gun feel and impact that EDF had. I mean it should have been nuts with your weapons taking big chunks out of the scenery but the enemy counts are low and it just feels a bit off.

Wait for EDF 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yeah...price enough was making me not consider it. Would be a very hard sell to convince friends to drop €48+ on a game that looks like that.

Advertisement