Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a review of my house for sale? (Tallaght Dublin)

Options
  • 26-05-2021 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Estate agent asked me to review his listing, make sure I was happy etc. I'm selling up due to moving out of Dublin. I don't really want to interfere with his work as he is the professional, just in case there was anything obviously glaringly wrong.

I'm not sure if it's against the rules to post the property (only 3 bedroom detached for 290k on myhome).

Would appreciate any feedback, apologies if against the rules.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Estate agent asked me to review his listing, make sure I was happy etc. I'm selling up due to moving out of Dublin. I don't really want to interfere with his work as he is the professional, just in case there was anything obviously glaringly wrong.

I'm not sure if it's against the rules to post the property (only 3 bedroom detached for 290k on myhome).

Would appreciate any feedback, apologies if against the rules.

Looks good to me.
    Plenty of pictures. All clear and give a good view of the house.
    Description is good.
    Floor plans are clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PetitPois89

I think the ad looks well. Good luck with the sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Fair play to EA for asking your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I think the ad is good. Being detached is a real bonus.

I drove past your house about an hour ago! LOL.

The ad looks fine. I personally would suggest maybe pulling up the weeds around the wall outside and freshening up the exterior paint trim and cappings a little bit to give it some added kerb appeal.

Or you could ask EA to photoshop the weeds out!

Good luck with the sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

Ad looks well, house is effectively presented internally as a blank canvas requiring no work when moving in. It does look a bit shabby on outside (weeds/ paint) as previous poster said, but all cosmetic really.

The unusual internal layout with stairs between sitting and kitchen is also good.

Good luck with sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tallaght_Sale

wildwillow wrote: »
    I think the ad is good. Being detached is a real bonus.

I spoke with a couple estate agents and they didn't reckon that actually translate into anything "substantial". Which I find weird as it was the reason why I bought the place as it's infinitely more private! :)

Appreciate everyone's opinions thanks a lot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

I'd only look at detached myself

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'd second comments about the exterior.
    Its tired looking and a couple of days TLC and a lick of paint would make a big difference.

Your interior looks really well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

I would look to remove the weeds on show in the pictures and powerwash / repaint the boundary wall facing the road. The exterior of the house could do with a touch up (I noticed there's no border paint at the front but border paint at the back).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

As others have said inside lovely outside a bit of TLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Picture 1;
    Front wall looks manky; power wash it. Also, remove the weeds before doing so.

Picture 2;
    Is there a press door missing in front of the boiler?

Picture 3;
    What's up with the water bottles to the right?

Picture 6;
    Right blue box; remove the dirt in it.

Picture 8;
    What was at the top & bottom of the right side of the door frame? Looks odd.

Picture 10;
    Brush the stairs before taking another photo; it'll look better.

Picture 15;
    Wall damage to the left of the bed; move the bed to the left, perhaps?

Picture 20 & 21
    Throw weed & feed on the lawn, it looks like crap. Touch up the brown paint at the bottom.

Picture 22;
    Perhaps power wash the walls?

=-=

I'm guessing ex-rental? Also, not liking the over-exposed photos. I'm guessing the EA is trying to make the house look brighter, but if someone views the house, they'll probably find that the phots are incorrect.

Thanks for comments. No it's not an ex-rental, lived there myself. :)

It went for a couple percent of asking in the end as an update. Just waiting to complete now. :)

Advertisement