Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1000 euro 10 alt coins to pick

Options
  • 26-05-2021 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

If you had a 1000 euro to risk it on 10 altcoins with a shot for the moon which ones would you pick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

If you had a 1000 euro to risk it on 10 altcoins with a shot for the moon which ones would you pick?

With that low a bankroll I'd stick to 2 or 3 if you're doing anything other than direct exchange listings as you'll be eaten alive by gas fees.

What's a 'shot for the moon' in your terms and when would you cut? 3x? 5x? 10x? More?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

Just the one pick, Hbar for me 🚀🚀

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Stick with something like Cardano and you can 3x your money with low to medium risk involved.

You are a bit late to the game. Many coins have already done 25x or 50x and as such you shouldn't be expecting anything this high.

You'll be lucky to 5x your investment. Expect to be in this game for several years before you make insane gains.

A few I personally like and expect to go higher..
    Monero
    Bancor

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

If that's the most you'll ever put in, I'd wait longer until we're undeniably in the bear market and everything has crashed and the hype and volume has died way down, similar to 2018/2019. That's when you should be considering putting money in, so probably 2022/2023 with the hope of it rallying in 2024/2025. Up to you though, but after this bull run you'll get more of an idea of which projects seem likely to actually stick around, and with the low prices you'll accumulate a lot more and make much better returns after a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

I think forth could be a good pick. 15 million supply and already listed on coinbase.

• Advertisement

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    A few I personally like and expect to go higher..
    Monero
    Bancor

Monero definitely, but likely a 2x bagger at best by end of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Jackben75

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Monero definitely, but likely a 2x bagger at best by end of year.

stay safe, eth & dot, probably Link. Strong contenders, Cosmos, Lisk, Solana.

Jackben75 wrote: »
    stay safe, eth & dot, probably Link. Strong contenders, Cosmos, Lisk, Solana.

Are these really moonshots based on ATH and current mcap? That's why I was asking OP what his definition was - e.g. 5x or 10x.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Once a coin is listed on coinbase what are the chances of it going 10x (or similar anyway)?
    Are coins not listed there the ones with more potential but more risk obviously as well?

Genuine question here as well btw

cc87 wrote: »
    Once a coin is listed on coinbase what are the chances of it going 10x (or similar anyway)?
    Are coins not listed there the ones with more potential but more risk obviously as well?

Yes. It's about picking up stuff on BSC or whatever pre-listing; but the risk/reward ratio is absolutely staggering based on everything from rugpulls to gas fees to simple market manipulation.

That's why i said to OP that 'With that low a bankroll I'd stick to 2 or 3 if you're doing anything other than direct exchange listings as you'll be eaten alive by gas fees.'.

Try explaining slippage and appropriate risk tolerance to someone who wants to shotgun a grand at 10 coins in some sort of macabre attempt at risk diversification. It will achieve the exact opposite, and just eat the stake and disimprove the odds more imo.

YOLO one coin on BSC and be happy to lose your entire bankroll, or park it in 3 direct exchange listed coins - ETH, XLM and XMR would come to mind from a risk/reward ratio. You'll have volatility, and some chance of one taking a solo run, whilst being 'reasonably' safe. But you're unlikely to see more than 2x from any of those 3 this year.

Otherwise it's YOLOing into the next, ahead-of-the-curve, CumRocket or SafeMoon or whatever the kids have come up with in the last 90 minutes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoMoonShots/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

cc87 wrote: »

It usually already done it at that point but you never know. If you want to stick it in and not think about it then stick to Bitcoin, the alts need to be watched more closely but can have higher gains but higher loses too. Also look into where your going to store it and figure out the transfer fees etc.

Are these really moonshots based on ATH and current mcap? That's why I was asking OP what his definition was - e.g. 5x or 10x.

Personally i think Dot is, Eth is going to be huge huge and some of the others possibly. Just my opinion

Personally i think Dot is, Eth is going to be huge huge and some of the others possibly. Just my opinion

My PT for ETH post EIP-1559 is close to 8k by EOY exclusive of an overall market crash. But does that qualify as a 'moonshot' at current prices? That's roughly the gain you've had made on AMC in the last fortnight. DOT on the other hand I'd be less enamoured with....

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭quinneerr

If you're going to put 100 on 10 coins, don't bother.
    Pick 1 that you have DYOR on a go all in on it, its the only way to make decent profit.

Here is a starting point for new investors and the šhit con holders of boards
    GDPR is in the EU , Cryptos that are not GDPR will have a hard time getting adoption in the EU so look for projects that are working on GDPR compliance.
    China will only allow Crypto that is approved access to China, BSN is what you need to be looking for, who have they approved?
    Put this glorious piece of insight, thats completely lacking around here, to use and look for projects that are both GDPR and BSN compliant.
    It's only a handful that will have access to the huge markets of the EU and China, seek them out and prosper in the years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

quinneerr wrote: »
    If you're going to put 100 on 10 coins, don't bother.
    Pick 1 that you have DYOR on a go all in on it, its the only way to make decent profit.

Dorka, for once I agree with you...

If I was to pick one coin now that has insane growth outside of my theta holdings it would be monero.

My PT for ETH post EIP-1559 is close to 8k by EOY exclusive of an overall market crash. But does that qualify as a 'moonshot' at current prices? That's roughly the gain you've had made on AMC in the last fortnight. DOT on the other hand I'd be less enamoured with....

Fair enough and i am not shilling it but Dot is in more or less the same position as to where Eth was in 2016/2017, i don't mean technically, as the architecture is more complex but potentially if delivered will deliver more, i think it's a cert to follow Eth into 4 digits, i have a huge investment in it but as said my opinion. The way things are going for Eth, i can see it flipping Btc now in the future which i never thought would happen, it will of course be tough and bumpy but the potential is definitely there, interesting times:cool:

Fair enough and i am not shilling it but Dot is in more or less the same position as to where Eth was in 2016/2017, i don't mean technically, as the architecture is more complex but potentially if delivered will deliver more, i think it's a cert to follow Eth into 4 digits, i have a huge investment in it but as said my opinion. The way things are going for Eth, i can see it flipping Btc now in the future which i never thought would happen, it will of course be tough and bumpy but the potential is definitely there, interesting times:cool:

No fair enough - if its a high conviction play for you by all means don't let me put you off. Just on a pure tech basis this year, the amount of low-level efficiency driven pull-requests on the github for ETH have been fantastic.

They've redesigned some core low-level system calls in order to make the network more scalable, and these efficiencies are going to be able to be realised finally when the gas situation is sorted out with the EIP-1559 push this summer. Vitalik Buterin himself has pushed two signicant patches in the last while

https://eips.ethereum.org/EIPS/eip-2930
    https://eips.ethereum.org/EIPS/eip-2929
    and another important one from a group here
    https://eips.ethereum.org/EIPS/eip-2028

There isn't any other single low-level optimisation of that nature inherent in any other projects I can think of bar maybe Stellar-core (XLM) and IOTA. It'll be a gamechanger.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Dorka, for once I agree with you...

If I was to pick one coin now that has insane growth outside of my theta holdings it would be monero.

GDPR & BSN are Theta and Monero compliant?
    You may still be able to buy them now and for the foreseeable future but if no exchange lists them how will you cash out, make no mistake regulations are coming to the world of Crypto and they will be based on GDPR & BSN and whatever the USA decides, you could have a million dollars of Monero and its banned on all exchanges in EU, China and USA, that would be heartbreaking.
    https://bitcoinist.com/huobi-korea-delists-monero-over-nth-room-case-bithumb-may-follow/

Rumours flying around Dot is still not anywhere near finished
    Ask yourself why is DOT not on Coinbase?
    Lack of Coinbase listing is perplexing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Does Oasis Network (Rose) have anything behind it. I see it's going down the route of privacy but wondering if a larger coin will just implement this technology, such as Ethereum, making them redundant. There isn't a whole lot out there about them, just a few "ambassadors" on Twitter giving the same pitch. Seem to have a bit of buy in from a lot of large companies.

Beverly Hills, California

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ADA
    BCH
    DGB

Advertisement